Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go 2008 - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best catcher eh? I dunno...Pat Borders was pretty good...helped us win a series

I stand by that claim. If you check every catcher we've had that has played a reasonable amount of games (see. Greg Myers, Pat Borders, Gregg Zuan). You will see Ernie Whitt has the best stats lifetime and season...

He just wasn't with us when we won the title.

Definately do not trade Wells, his trade value is at an all time low and there is no way we could get anything for him, especially at his salary. With there not being a salary cap it doesn't matter what we pay vernon....besides he's not terrible

True I guess you are right he is at an all-time low trade wise.

I disagree though I think these days he is pretty terrible. They fucked up paying him waaaaay more than he was ever worth.

I like what Gene Tannace was saying last night about how hitting W/RISP is state of mind. You have to thrive on the responsibilty. You have to want to knock in the runs.

Then they go back to the game and the Jays are up something ridiculous like 11-0.

I know its only one game, but it gives at least a slight glimmer of hope.

Of course, if they go back to their old ways tonight and tomorrow I'll be eating my words. Wouldnt be the first time!!!

Of course, if they go back to their old ways tonight and tomorrow I'll be eating my words. Wouldnt be the first time!!!

That's the Jay's MO. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue their inconsistency.

And Wells is not terrible. Jeebus the guy is hitting .280 with 7 dingers and 30 RBI. He is also still one of the best defensive OF in the game. Sure he is overpaid, thats a given. But in no way can someone say the guy is terrible.