Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go 2008 - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuckin' hell, litsch was awesome last nite.

and volquez... dammit... of course he had to get shelled last nite.. i've seen all his starts minus 2 and that was by far the worst i've seen... his ball wasnt dancin' like it normally does, and he got no calls above the belt or on the outside part of the plate, and when the jays layed off the change-up, he was fucked.. his velocity was a few mph lower than usual, as well, and they teed off. Rios owned him last nite.

but the way litsch was pitching, i dont think it would have mattered. they couldnt touch his cutter, and he wouldnt stop throwing it. kudos to the kid.

its too bad we lost 2 of 3, but i still had a ridiculously memorable first live Reds experience...

game 1, i ended up on the jumbotron in the middle of the 3rd, and then later i got an adam dunn foul ball up in the bloody 500's... which i later got signed by johnny cueto for one of my roommates.

first inning of game 2 griffey hit his home run right the fuck at me. i just had to stand up and reach over for it... tried the 2-handed barehand grab and it was ultimately futile with these little girl hands of mine... it went right through, down into the bowels of the dome, and my pinky finger still fuckin hurts.

i'd more or less like to forget last nite's game, but my seats were crazy good, i met some fun people travellin' around to see the Reds, and hell, at least i got a great game out of one of the pitchers... too bad it was the wrong one. ;)

next time i'll have to go down to the GABP...

Sounds awesome Guigsy. Im extremely jealous that you got a foul ball - Ive been going to games for years and all I ever wanted was one of those, but no such luck!

Interesting comparison of Volquez to Pedro Martinez made on the tele last night. Swear to god their deliveries and release points are exactly the same.

It was good to see Parrish pitch so well on Saturday...man this Jay's team has some serious young talent in the bullpen. Great farm system.

I almost shit when Tallet gave up 4 in the 6th though. he got booed for his efforts.

Now to sweep the lowly M's.

How can we suck so bad right now with one of the best pitching staff's in the majors???

I hope Cito can light a fire but realistically we need another Paul Beeston or Gord Ash in the front office..without a real "baseball man" in there I think we have problems.

This can also be said about the Raptors..as long as Richard Peddit is the owner (a hockey guy) we are in trouble.

I hope I'm wrong.

So the J.P. has now publicly said the chances of us making the playoffs are nil and we should be thinking about next year. WOW!

What a different tune that it was in April. I know things are grim and this may be what front office is thinking, but why make it public. How demoralizing.

Everyone strap in for another Toronto rebuild..

I watched the game. Ryan is not a dominant closer anymore. Hey, I just got back from my night walk and I walked past J.P. near the Dome. He looked to be in a hurry.

I bitched and bitched about his location last night. A dominant closer these days MUST be able to pick his corners and paint that fucking strike zone at will. Ryan just whips the god damned ball up there fast as he can and hopes batters swing now. by my count he threw all fastballs and was given some strikes by the ump that were clearly not strikes. He's washed up.

RBI's in the ninth. I'm now convinced that Wells is saving himself for a trade next season, the management has given up and is looking for draft positioning and trade potential and the rest of the roster is looking to their own trade potential.

Overbay "It's been real fun chippin'in here for the past couple a'weeks." like I'm fuckin'out'a here!