Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go 2008 - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another complete game for Doc! 102 pitches of 4-hit ball makes this his 5th CG of the year.

Oh yeah, Rogers picked up the Kansas City FSN feed and buried it on digital channel 399. No Canadian TV coverage of the game... from a team owned by Rogers... on a Friday night... with Roy Halladay pitching... pitching at home in the Rogers centre.

It was a refreshingly good KC telecast too. The crew is entertaining and knowledgable and they weren't KC centric by any means. Fuck Campbell and Rod Black.

The funny thing is that Litsch wouldn't be a starter if Janssen wasn't on the IR. I think Jesse is a suitable #5; his record is a little misleading since he's had lots of run support and he's in his first full season. You'd be insane to dump Marcum to #5. He's the second best starter on the staff and really consistent - he should be the #2.

You're in a good situation when you're trying to figure out which awesome young pitcher should be the number five guy. Personally, I think it should be AJ. I am not impressed, he's just to inconsistent.

I don't disagree, although there's less pressure on a #5 starter so I think it helps Litsch in the long run to leave him where he is. And it doesn't matter too much what number you are in the rotation after a month or two into the season since the numbers are now shuffled anyway.

I would love to see the Jays make a play for a huge bat, someone who could really turn around our lineup and change the whole dynamic of our offense. Our pitching is really good, good enough to support the team, but our offense (save the past few games) is just bad enough to ruin any good pitching we get.

I wonder who there is out there that we could get that would really turn our team into the offensive power that it was supposed to be...I'd like to see get a better catcher but there isn't that guy out there.

If you ask me, the A's got a deal and a half when they picked up Frank Thomas.

Frank Thomas is back to his old ways since returning to the Bay Area with a big bushel of the Blue Jays' green. After hitting just .167 with three home runs and 11 RBI with Toronto, leading to his $8-million release after just 16 games, "The Big Hurt" is hitting .315 with the Athletics with four HR, 16 RBI and a .506 slugging percentage in 27 games.

If you ask me, the A's got a deal and a half when they picked up Frank Thomas.

Frank Thomas is back to his old ways since returning to the Bay Area with a big bushel of the Blue Jays' green. After hitting just .167 with three home runs and 11 RBI with Toronto, leading to his $8-million release after just 16 games, "The Big Hurt" is hitting .315 with the Athletics with four HR, 16 RBI and a .506 slugging percentage in 27 games.

They sure did but having his gloomy attitude out of the Jays dressing room has helped the Jays as well.

I think if the Jays can maintain where they are now in both the East and in the Wild Card standings by the All-Star break, then A.J. will be dealt for a bat. Hopefully by then too one of their up-and-comers in their system with be ready. I heard Mike Wilner say on the Fan yesterday than Chacin is getting shelled in A-ball, so it looks like he's finished before he hits 30.