• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I am a complete hypocrite because:

A - I flip to Jays games between commercials

B - I am following their progress

C - I keep opening this thread

So in effect:

D - I am an asshole for no reason other than thinking 162 games is far too many for me to get excited about this early in the season

Carry on folks.

Well, the word before the season was that if the Jays got off to a bad start in April and into May, Gibbons would be fired. The watch is on... and it's not all his fault. These guys couldn't hit minor league pitching.

You're right. Gibbons can't go in there and get a single with runners in scoring position, and I'm sure he's telling them to get hits, but their not able to do it. Loved Rolen's double in the 8th last night.

Eckstein single handedly lost the game last night with those 2 errors. I like the guy but DAMN!

Halladay may have lost the game last night, but he's pitching as great as I've ever seen him. I can't believe he's pitched 4 complete games already this season and I share his disgust that he's lost 3 of them, including last night's 1-0 heartbreaker. With a new batting coach, I expected some fireworks from the bats this season.

With a new batting coach, I expected some fireworks from the bats this season.

The new guy came from the Yankees. I think Booche could have been the hitting coach for the Yankess the past 7 seasons and they'd all still hit .300 with 20+ HR's. Thing is, the guy never played a game in the majors his whole career. Ricciardi hired him b/c of his "success" with the Yankees. Another stellar move.

He'd never be allowed to do what he's being doing to this point of the season in New York or Boston, but Halladay's 4 complete games IN A FUCKING ROW - in an era where pitchers are lucky to get one a season - is staggeringly impressive no matter what scenario you want to throw at me.

halladay's great - probably my favourite pitcher in basbeall, but i still hate seeing pitchers throw meaningless innings - not saying last nite was meaningless, in a 1-0 game (jaimoe), but in general, his team has to help him out. its not all about innings and pitch count - there's a mental factor involved here, as well.

and a major league batting coach should have at least hit one pitch (even foul) in a major league game, i dont give a flying fuck who you are or where you came from.

best of luck, blue jays.

Actually, I don't mind Gibby one bit. I like him because he's got an old school sensibility. J.P. on the other hand...

J.P. has got to go. The team has the one of the worst (if not the worst - I can't remember where i saw those rankings) rated farm systems in all of baseball, and the Jays are just not that good. vernon wells is over-rated. I don't understand where the depth and great offense is that JP keeps talking about.