Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go 2008 - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Frank Thomas era in Toronto has come to an end.

TSN has learned that the 39-year old designated hitter has been released by the Blue Jays, one day after being benched by the team.

Thomas was batting .167 in 16 games, with three homers and 11 RBI this season.

More details to follow.

Does anyone remember how bad Frank batted in the first half of last year? If he had a steady batting year, they would have made more noise down the stretch. The Jays can't afford to have him "potentially" do the same thing this year; there's more on the line.

I don't think JP comes off as a dick at all. Did Ortiz complain when he was benched for hitting terribly? No, he came back and played well.

JP did was best for the team, like any GM should do and thats stop a problem before it starts. Namely having Thomas being a jerk in the dressing room...

I guess the biggest question I have with all of this is what now to do in left. They had Scutaro out there today, and what do they do for the season? What's up with Stewie? Stairs? They can't have just given Stewart the last 2 games off for no reason. Same with Stairs. Perhaps it's time for Lind.

Edited by Guest

No way, April's the best! Wait all winter for it! Got the fantasy leagues going, guys still making roster changes. Its mid summer when you stop caring; when half the league has been eliminated from playoff contention and no one gives a shit about their fantasy teams anymore. Then you pick it up again at the end of August. Thats baseball. It how it goes.