Jambands.ca

Spades/Dan Griffin & Regrets @ Dekcuf this Sat.

Dr. J

Hope some folks can make it out on Sat nite. Lookin forward to catching Dan Griffin (1st time) and the Good Rev (2nd time).

Been lots going on lately w/the Spades. Should be pumped for this one. Recently heard a solid version of the Beatles Ticket to Ride and a great ballad dedicated to the late Willie P. So ya never know. See you there.

I don't know for sure, but I'm figuring Griffin from 10:30pm - 11:30pm, then The Spades from midnight to 1:30am or so.

That sounds about right but if anyone has exact starting times, please post. Would be much appreciated for those of us trying to maximize our playoff watching time.

I don't know for sure' date=' but I'm figuring Griffin from 10:30pm - 11:30pm, then The Spades from midnight to 1:30am or so.[/quote']

That sounds about right but if anyone has exact starting times, please post. Would be much appreciated for those of us trying to maximize our playoff watching time.

doesn't the dekcuf have a screen?

Ollie I checked w/James they're working on the same time frame as Brad. Perhaps when the Rev hits Ottawa he can verify start time.

"Recently heard a solid version of the Beatles Ticket to Ride"

holy shit. nice

Warning: Haven't heard it since....but ya never know....

Sorry I wasn't able to provide timing last night...we woke up in Fredericton yesterday and headed straight for Dekcuf, loaded in at 9:45 and played at about 10:40. We really had a blast last night...felt really good about our set and were really glad that people dug it.

So the tour is over now. Our tour blogs are posted at http://www.myspace.com/dangriffinmusic for anybody interested. They'll be embellished with pictures in the next few days.

Sweet show, thanks to everybody that came!

Empire

Joints And Cigarettes

Apple Of My Eye

1,000 Leagues

Young Black Colts

Preservatives

Ultrasound II[1]

Words[1,2]

garage sale organ introduction >

The Next Round

The Revenge Of Johnny Laundry

Mafia Sting >

Willie's Notes

Burning On Fumes[3] >

49 Tons Of Diesel Locomotive[4]

call for encore

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere[1,2,5] >

Powderfinger[1,2,5]

[1] With The Good Rev. Overdrive on guitar and pedal steel.

[2] Neil Young cover.

[3] With "First We Take Berlin" [Leonard Cohen cover] teases.

[4] Fred Eaglesmith cover.

[5] With Dan Griffin on guitar and one of his Regrets on percussion.

Sweet! I'm gonna give this a listen as soon as I get a chance. (Thanks Brad!) Great to see that Words has made its way back onto the Spades roster, I always liked their version of it. About 5 songs on that setlist that I don't recognize too. Encore must have been a blast!

Good times Sat nite for sure. Great to see Brad, Mooose, the Rev and everyone....and to meet Booche...a fine fellow indeed despite his obvious affinity for les Canadiens ;)

Like many others who were there I really recommend, if folks have a chance, that you catch Dan & The Regrets. Great band! Great guys! Really brought it Sat nite and after travelling 10 hours from Fredericton in snow and ice. Gotta love that kind of dedication to the craft!

Encore must have been a blast!

Yeah it was Kev. Seeing all those guys up there just rockin' out and having such a great time doing it....really what it's all about. Really hoping these two bands will hook up again. And yeah a double shot of Neil!