Jambands.ca

QOTD

bokonon

there is no way i could answer that, and i'm happy for it :)

I definitely feel the same! I've had lots of unbelievable experiences at many of shows, and there's no way I could decipher what was best!

But I'm gonna throw a few of my most memorable out there...

Yonder Mountain String Band with Bela Fleck & the Flecktones and Keller Williams during their Acoustic Planet Tour, August 10, 2004, Cincinnati, Ohio.. They all played individually and then had one super monster jam at the end.. I was having so much fun and rolling so hot that FutureMan came out and talked to me, called me his "little gypsy child", invited me backstage, and gave me a few nugs for the ride home.. Just very memorable!

The Disco Biscuits NYE 2005 in NYC.. One crazy run with this night as the highlight.. I scored ecstasy for the stage security and they were dancing harder than I was.. What a night.. http://www.archive.org/details/db2005-12-31c02sf

Gratefulfest 2006, the whole festival! 4 nights DSO, Keller, Rowan and Rice, Rusted Root, Cornmeal, etc., etc., etc... I met my hubby there!

DSO run at the Mishawaka Amphitheatre in Colorado in 2005.. A few crazy nights in a magical place in the mountains..

The Dead Red Rocks summer of 2004 (June 15-20).. Unbelievable! Ground score central.. Haha..

I'm leaving out a lot, but those are the ones right off the top of my head!

Talking Heads: Kingswood - Toronto, ON, 1983.

Annie Lennox: Massey Hall - Toronto, ON, 2007

Talking Heads in their prime. That would have been a show!!! Your Annie Lennox reference made me remember that I saw the Eurythmics back in 89 maybe at the Skydome and it was fantastic!!!

Your Annie Lennox reference made me remember that I saw the Eurythmics back in 89 maybe at the Skydome and it was fantastic!!!

I saw Dave Stewart interviewed once and he said "I hate it when people refer to us as THE Eurythmics. It's Eurythmics. There's no 'the'. It's like Pink Floyd. It's not The Pink Floyd. It's just Pink Floyd." Don't piss off Dave Stewart. hehe

Yeah, I saw them in '84 at Kingswood too. One of my fav bands. :D

Again I'll agree with my girlfreind that there are so many live music highlights in my past that it's impossible to single one out, but for fun I'll list some hugely memorable shows:

Bob Wiseman at Zaphod's

Bobby McFerrin at Montreal Jazzfest

Grateful Dead at Buckeye

Neil Young at Massey Hall

Tom Waits at Hummingbird Centre

The Tragically Hip at Ottawa Congress Centre

Hurrah Torpedo and Black Debbath at Oya Festival

nero at moe.down

ZZTop at Bluesfest

Man, them was some fun times.

Favourite/ best I'd say: Pink Floyd - Pontiac Silverdome, '94

Craziest: EASILY Nirvana 10/29/93 State Fairground Coliseum, MI. To top it off, The Boredoms opened and I thought the arena was going to fall down.

Mind expanding:

The Other Ones: 7/13/98 Pine Knob

Phish: 11/13/98 - Cleveland

Other special ones:

Smashing Pumpkins: Palace Auburn Hills '96

Metallica: Pontiac Silverdome '92. GUns N Roses did not impress me.

Neil Young - solo acoustic '99 Fox Theater, Detroit

Neil Young - Greendale '03 ACC

Neil Young - Massey Hall 07

Sex Pistols - Cobo Hall (sometime in high school) I started the Anarchy! chant! :D

Green Day - Palace Auburn Hills or Cobo... not sure. (Insomncia tour) The Riverdales opened and kicked ass too!

Dishonourable mention:

Dee Snyder and the Sick Muthafuckers - The Embassy, London, ON. Dee is a TOTAL meathead! Still, a good enough time. I made the crapiest recording ever (quite fitting) of a concert but lost it somewhere.

Favourite/ best I'd say: Pink Floyd - Pontiac Silverdome, '94

Was that the show right after the 3-night run in Toronto? I was at all 3 in Toronto. On the second night I wandered all the way to the back, and top, of the stadium (by the rear stack of speakers). I started talking to an English guy who turned out to be one of the tour managers. He tells us how the band had been rehearsing DSOTM and had soundchecked it. We were hopefully going to get it the next night (for which I had killer floor tix). We were stoked, it didn't happen, and I think that they busted it out at the next show in Michigan (the one you were at?)

Kanada kev, yes, that was the one right after the TO shows. They took advantage of the ceiling of the Silverdome too as an extra enormous projection screen with which they did some entirely trippy laser trickery... that could have just been my imagination though. First DSOTM in 20 years or so.