Jambands.ca

Black Crowes @ Massey Hall July 12

Kanada Kev

Massey Hall presale this Wednesday:

BLACK CROWES

Saturday, July 12, 2008 at 8pm

Massey Hall | $59.50 - $49.50

The Black Crowes are back together and back on tour. Nearly 20 years after they released their first album, and after an unceremonious split in 2002, their latest release, Warpaint, proves the band has lost none of their signature blend of blues-infused vintage hard rock. See the group Melody Maker Magazine hailed as “the Most Rock N' Roll Rock N' Roll Band in the World.â€

FRIENDS ON SALE: Wed April 30 at 10am

PUBLIC ON SALE: Fri May 2 at 2pm

A limit of 4 tickets per FriendsFirst account applies.

Really? Thanks for the info. I really want to hit this show, but there's a lot of other stuff going on right around then, and I'm tapped for cash right now. I'm probably going to have to pass on it, or at least not get my tix until later (and take a chance).

Good luck if you're giving it a try.

I'd be shocked if this sold out

It's a Saturday night in Toronto and it is the Black Fucking Crowes at Massey Hall. It's Massey Fucking Hall.

Is there something in the water? What's the problem?

It's hard to sell-out that venue if ticket prices are high. The Cowboy Junkies didn't have a sell-out for their goddam Trinity Session 20th Anniversary concert. Herbie Hancock had a half-full house. The Crowes haven't had a hit in seven years, if you think "Soul Singing" was a hit? I hope they sell it out, but I doubt it.

I'd be shocked if this sold out

It's a Saturday night in Toronto and it is the Black Fucking Crowes at Massey Hall. It's Massey Fucking Hall.

Is there something in the water? What's the problem?

It's hard to sell-out that venue if ticket prices are high. The Cowboy Junkies didn't have a sell-out for their goddam Trinity Session 20th Anniversary concert. Herbie Hancock had a half-full house. The Crowes haven't had a hit in seven years' date=' if you think "Soul Singing" was a hit? I hope they sell it out, but I doubt it. [/quote']

I'm sorry, but I think the Black Crowes have a little bigger of a draw than the Cowboy Junkies, even if they're a Toronto band - I think they'll easily sell out this venue.

I'm not saying The Junkies are on-par commercially to The Black Crowes, but I expected a sell out for The Trinity Session anniversary show and it wasn't, even with Ryan Adams' name attached to the bill. Massey Hall isn't an easy venue to sell out.

Chris Robinson

Rich Robinson

Sven Pipien- bass

Luther Dickinson- slide/ lap

Steve Gorman- drums

Adam MacDougall- keys

That is off of the top of my head, but I think thats current. Yeah too bad about Ford, but the Robinsons are pricks so its no surprise. I was shocked and saddened by the departure of Eddie, who was always a breathe of fresh air during the shows (and who usually wore a Detroit Red Wings jersey!).

CK on lights for this tour, but not sure if he can cross the border.

This will fucking rock, the last time I got to see the Crowes in Massey they confused the shit out of the Q107 crowd playing about 5 rare covers, and none of their hits except Remedy. 10.17.96 if memory serves.......

Sean

ps. I really really like this band.

For those interested the Crowes have launched a site with nugs.net at liveblackcrowes.com where you can grab and pay for a bunch of shows; but the first 10,000 to register get a free 2 disc download of tunes from this spring with the newest lineup featuring some new songs along with old faves and covers:

DISC ONE

SET ONE

Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution

Poor Elijah - Tribute To Johnson

Good Friday

Another Roadside Tragedy

Rockin' Chair

Darling of the Underground Press

Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye

Girl From The North Country

Don't Do It

Hey Grandma

Torn And Frayed

DISC TWO

Sometimes Salvation

Sting Me

Wounded Bird

I Don't Know Why

Sister Luck

Oh Josephine

Waiting Guilty

Nonfiction

Seeing Things

Let's Go Get Stoned

This is still up for debate AD. Ford claimed his attempts at sobriety on tour were not being met with open arms by all members of the band and he found this very difficult. The final days are a mystery but I think the official notice from the band seemed to indicate he had been kicked out.

He is one good mofo on that axe, its really too bad. I don't think Richs ego could handle it personally, but who knows.

i can't get to that download, i was trying a few times yesterday. any tips? i registered and everything.

for whatever reason (and you're right, it's kind of a mystery / he-said-they-said) he ceased to be a Crowe in September 2006

don't want to sound like a retard - but i'm logged in, it's in my shopping cart, then what? how do i get the thing to start downloading? what text or icon should i be looking for? maybe it doesn't work in firefox or something? i dunno. i can't download it and need help!! pretty please?

this thing stumped me yesterday and it's stumping me today again. arg!

Once I was logged in, on the main page there is a link to download free mp3, then the next screen puts it in your cart, then complete the deal and an asp screen with a download manager opens immediately. This is all in IE though. I am stealing wireless from the neighbor on an older laptop and it only took about 10 minutes to grab the whole thing.

S

Luther Dickinson- slide/ lap <-- that sounds like a great fit ! Is this just a hiatus for his band the North Missisipi Allstars?

He's a great guitarist - not so excited about his singing/songwriting - of course I'm not the most familiar with his work.

can anyone say if Luther is fitting well ??