Jambands.ca

I don't want to work right now dammit

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Sitting here at my desk at work, staring at my multiple monitors with spreadsheets, databases, and e-mails scattered about, reminders flashing incessently of work that needs immediate attention, surrounded by people who speak a weird alien dialect of a language I know as English, well it all just makes me want to burn this muthafucka down.

Who's with me?

Sitting here at my desk at work, staring at my multiple monitors with spreadsheets, databases, and e-mails scattered about, reminders flashing incessently of work that needs immediate attention, surrounded by people who speak a weird alien dialect of a language I know as English, well it all just makes me want to burn this muthafucka down.

Who's with me?

Would there be beer involved in this muthafucka-down-burning?

Aloha,

Brad

Job Type: Full Time

Industry: Government

Date Posted: Apr 18, 2008

Bus Operator (for 2008 and 2009 vacancies)

Planning Transit and the Environment - Transit Services

Full Time Continuous Positions - 40 hrs/week (shift work)

Affiliation: ATU Local 279

Salary: Training rate (first 6 weeks) is 50% of full-time Bus Operator wage rate ($12.114/hr)

Rates of pay after successsful completion of training is:

1st - 8 months - 85% of Bus Operator rate ($20.594/hr)

9th - 15 months - 90% of Bus Operator rate (21.805/hr)

16th - 23 months - 95% of Bus Operator rate (23.017/hr)

After 24 months - Full Bus Operator rate (24.228/hr)

(2007 rates of pay)

Important Information:

Competition #: PTE2008-00438-KS

Deadline: May 2, 2008

Do you have a strong customer service background with well-developed people skills and exercise sound judgment when dealing with the public? Do you enjoy driving and have the ability to deal with challenging situations when working with the public in a diverse work environment? If you have answered yes to these questions then we are looking for someone like you to serve the citizens of our community.

The Bus Operator operates City of Ottawa buses in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and corporate policy, has a customer service mindset when interacting with the general public and is responsible to provide a safe, efficient and reliable Transportation Service.

Statement of Qualifications:

Legally entitled to work in Canada;

Ontario Grade 12 Diploma or its proven academic equivalency;

A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver's licence (or provincial equivalent);

Driver’s Abstract with no demerit points and to the satisfaction of the City (recent convictions, discharges and other action appearing on the driver’s abstract may be considered);

Minimum of three (3) years customer service experience including direct contact with the public and dealing with a diverse population;

Minimum of five (5) years of motor vehicle operator experience in high density traffic;

Police Record Check to the satisfaction of the City. (clearance to work with the vulnerable sector)

Knowledge of:

City of Ottawa common landmarks and locations.

Competencies and Skills:

Ability to operate vehicles safely, defensively and within the standard safety guidelines, regulations and restrictions of Transit Services and/or Ministry of Transportation;

Ability to interact with a diverse community;

Excellent oral communication skills;

Decision making abilities;

Multitasking;

Ability to exercise sound judgment;

Ability to adapt to a changing environment;

Problem solving;

Excellent interpersonal skills;

Good written communication skills;

Defensive driving and related driving courses an asset.

Language:

Oral fluency, reading and writing in English;

Bilingualism an asset.

Recruitment Process Information:

Detailed information on the recruitment process can be found at www.ottawa.ca under the Careers section, Bus Operator Recruitment.

Applicants who successfully fulfill all requirements of the recruitment process may be placed on an eligibility list and may be called on an “as required†basis.

The successful completion of any phase of the selection process does not guarantee proceeding to the next phase.

If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please apply online by using the "Apply" button at the top of this ad.

If you are not able to apply on-line, please submit your resume and covering letter indicating the Competition number PTE2008-00438-KS by mail or by Fax:

City of Ottawa

Staffing and Client Relations Division

Employee Services Branch

110 Laurier Ave. West, 5th Floor

Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1J1

Fax: 613-580-4762

We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those qualified to continue with the selection process will be contacted.

The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.

CRRNT

GTA IV came out today. I'd rather be playing that right now than at work.

So would I, so would I, anyone want to give me a PS3?

PS: I just graduated and am getting a new job that lets me program in linux all day like the nerd I must be and it should be great. C/C++, embedded linux, oh yeah baby.

Guest Low Roller
Im with you Roller! You guys wanna get together and start a class action law-suit against major league baseball?

I watched a game back in 1998 and spilled hot coffee on myself when I fell asleep on the couch because the game was so boring. I think that's worth ten million smackers.