Jambands.ca

Drive-By Truckers/The Hold Steady tour

NewRider

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goin be a smokin show, can't wait for DBT. No idea if we're making the Hold steady, although I'm not to concerned if I do or not.

Already got my beer chilled, should start into them approximately in 2hrs - I know I should start now, but I need to restock my meds and I get the feeling if I show up drunk for a 9:30am doc appointment he may not want to give em to me... :P

See ya'll at the show, I'll be the guy wearing a jacket.

Hold Steady set..

Stuck Between Stations

Sequestered

Navy Sheets

BANGING CAMPS

The Swish

Magazines

Girls Go For Status!!!

Same Kooks

Jokes About Jamaica

Stay Positive

Milkcrate

Chips Ahoy

Constructive Summer

Lord I'm Discouraged

Stevie Nix

Multitude of Casualties

MOST PEOPLE ARE DJ'S!!!

Slapped Actress

Truckers set..

Devil don't stay

Lookout Mtn

Company I keep

Gravity's Gone

Why Henry Drinks (fucking amazing to see this one live again!)

Sinkhole

Ghost to Most

Righteous Path

Huston

Love Like This

Living Bubba

Women w/o Whiskey

Heathens

3 Dimes

Homefield Adv

Ronnie/Neil

Hell No I ain't Happy

Marry Me

Let there be Rock

People/Died...

What a night!!!

I have seen so many fantastic shows lately. I can't believe how much good music is coming trough the area as of late.

Last night was one of the best deals ever. A performance like that from two great bands for a measly $35?! Bring it on.

Great seeing everyone last night. We had a perfect spot for the DBT set right up front.

Come on back DBT and THS!

Wow, wow, wowzers. What a night!

I'd write something in the 'hung over' thread but I'm not hurting from substances; I am however still recovering from that full-on blast of Rock-and-Roll!

Although I use the term 'rock' pretty often in the multi-word descriptions of the bands I see I rarely see an out-and-out rock show of that calibre.

I'd never seen either band before (I was all flu-y when the Trucker's came last) and enjoyed them both. I really tripped out to the Truckers' second (or third?) song, likely Lookout Mtn judging by NR's set list. Lots of dynamic layers to that track.

Seeing THS was epic. Epic not in that it was the bestest show of my live but in that I really built it up in my mind ahead of time and those boys delivered exactely what I was looking for.

A non-musical highlight of the night was seeing Northern Wish - I'm so pleased you were able to be there last night brother!

I found it interesting to notice the gender breakdown in the crowd. A guy:girl ratio of about 10:1. Pretty standard for most rocks shows but I thought THS would have more appeal with women. I find a lot of The Hold Steady's lyrics are geared towards girls, or are written from a female perspective.