Jambands.ca

Drive-By Truckers/The Hold Steady tour

NewRider

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A message from Patterson Hood regarding the tour.

"Then the biggest news of the fall, possibly the whole year for us as we go out for nearly a month co-headlining a national tour with our new friends THE HOLD STEADY.

This tour came about after I met lead guitarist Tad Kubler last summer and we began emailing each other. I had just been turned on to their music by their producer and our good friend John Agnello (he mixed TDS and Blessing / Curse for us). If by chance you haven't listened to them, they are absolutely fantastic. A great band with great songs and an excellent stage show. To say we're psyched would be an understatement.

Just so everyone knows the whole thing has been put together without any business bullshit or ego crap. Both bands are co-headlining every night. Who plays last depends on who is the bigger band in each market, and as both bands are at almost same level all over it was really smooth. Both bands will play long sets and hopefully there will be a grand finale to cap off the evening with something extra truly special."

will this sell out?

The last time DBT played Toronto (March, 2008), it was at The Opera House, which I think is a bigger venue than the Phoenix. I don't know how full The Opera House was that night, but with The Hold Steady (who I think could probably fill the Phoenix on their own) also on the bill, I'd think there was a greater than normal chance it'll sell out.

Aloha,

Brad