Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how up in arms folks get over one stupid penalty while all the time ignoring obvious poor sportsmanship from their own team.

Since you are quoting me in your post, you best go back and read my comments. I didnt do that at all. I agreed that Komi and Kostou were dirty plays at the end of game one.

Funny how some pictures are being painted.

As I mentioned, Lucic's crosscheck was a dumb move and I agree with the suspension. Not whining about that or whining about the Habs, just wanted to point out that Komisarek's eye gouge or Lapierre going after Kessel for scoring an empty netter was poor sportmanship, just like Lucic's crosscheck.

But hey, read it as you like.

Not that it'll mean much in here, but the fan whining part wasn't so much in regards to anyones comments in this thread. Sorta vague I know, but as Booche can tell you, after that game I PM'd him, as I had come home from watching the game in a house full of Habs fans who did nothing but blame the loss on the B's playing dirty.

Sorta vague I know, but as Booche can tell you, after that game I PM'd him, as I had come home from watching the game in a house full of Habs fans who did nothing but blame the loss on the B's playing dirty.

I totally forgot about that PM! God bless beer.

I agree with Badams. I think you would have to go back to the 70's Flyers to be able to see games won by pure goon strength. I will be the first one to say the my team is just as dirty as any other; it seems to come naturally with the tough physical game that hockey is.

I have no problem with Boston winning this series...I have a certain amount of disdain for a few things associated with this season (Huet out for Price last year, Kovalev's mid season vacation, mob implications with the young Russians, etc, etc)but I would love to see Montreal at least winning a couple to make it interesting.

Best rivalry in the NHL

As biased as I am' date=' I totally agree. I miss watching playoff games being broadcast from the Forum and Boston Gahdens. That was the real shit.

Ray Bourqe'd[/quote']

I've never stopped loving this rivalry, even though my team loses far more games than they win.

Lucic deserved the suspension, but oddly enough, Damien "fucking smug coward asshole that sucks" Cox didn't think the cross-check warranted a suspension. Go figure?

Best rivalry in the NHL

As biased as I am' date=' I totally agree. I miss watching playoff games being broadcast from the Forum and Boston Gahdens. That was the real shit. [/quote']

Last night CBC was running the 1978 playoff game between Boston & Montreal, I forget which game it was in the series (I think game 1), it was 4-1 (for the Habs) when I passed out. Cheevers, Dryden, O'Reilly, Lafleur - rough and tough game thats for sure.

Old time hockey. Before it got soft and pretty.