Jambands.ca

Well, someone really hates Oasis...

Basher

A man in his thirties has been arrested after Oasis' Gallagher brothers were “cold-cocked†in front of 25,000 fans Sunday night on stage at the Virgin Festival on the Toronto Island.

Guess they jumped the gun on that age assumption...

Man charged after assault on Oasis' Gallagher bros

...A 47-year-old man has been charged with assault after Oasis' Gallagher brothers were "cold-cocked" in front of 25,000 fans Sunday night on stage at the Virgin Festival on the Toronto Island.

Daniel Sullivan, 47, has been charged with assault. He appeared in court at Old City Hall at 10 a.m. today...

An on-stage attack on Oasis bandmate Noel Gallagher has forced the British rock group to postpone its much-anticipated concert at the John Labatt Centre tonight.

A new date for the show will be announced soon, event organizer Live Nation said. Tickets for tonight's show will be honoured at the makeup date.

The attack happened Sunday night at Toronto's Virgin Fest when a man rushed at Gallagher from the back of the stage and shoved him from behind.

Gallagher fell heavily on to his monitor speakers, leaving him with injuries to his hip and ribs. He has been advised by doctors to rest.

"Despite resting up yesterday, the extent of his injuries mean he will not be able to perform tonight. The band is very keen to complete their Canadian tour and options for rescheduling the final London, Ontario show are currently being looked into. Ticketholders are asked to retain their tickets until a further announcement is made," Live Nation said in a news release this morning.

A Live Nation official said today that the group, unable to bring its "A" game to the JLC tonight, opted instead to postpone the show out of respect for the fans who had purchased tickets

Hope the guitar is okay too.

One of the first things that came to mind for me. I'm a terrible person.

Aside: at a bluegrass fest i was at this summer i gave a bong hit to a fella that asked for one. he had a beautiful "Tennessee Crafters" guitar around his back and after hitting the bong he keeled right over onto his right side....everyone around went for the guitar first :)

• 4 months later...

Aside: at a bluegrass fest i was at this summer i gave a bong hit to a fella that asked for one. he had a beautiful "Tennessee Crafters" guitar around his back and after hitting the bong he keeled right over onto his right side....everyone around went for the guitar first :)

OH YEAH....holy crap that was one of the funniest things ever. (not sure which was funnier him falling or the panic over the guitar)

He went down fast and hard, not only did everyone grab for the guitar first, the conversation right after everyone was talking about the quick reaction time and concern for it rather than him. (mind you the guy was ok but still)

Oh and I don't know how I missed this whole Oasis incident at the time. Crazy.