Jambands.ca

Las Vegas Shows?

Basher

Heading to Las Vegas for my annual trip in a touch over 5 weeks. This time I am going with one of my brothers and my Dad, and we are planning on seeing a show. As often as I have been, I have never gone to one of these. There's like 5 or 6 Cirque Du Soleil shows (never seen one of those anywhere) and the other standard Vegas stuff.

Has anyone here been to a show down there? I think the Beatles Love show looks interesting, but I would love to hear some first-hand accounts.

See if Penn & Teller are still at the Rio. I saw them when I was in Vegas for Vegoose in 2005, and it was a blast. (And when I saw them, if you got to the theatre early enough, you could catch a piano/bass jazz duo, with Penn playing bass, and playing it pretty well. As well, both Penn and Teller stood out in the lobby after the show for a meet'n'greet.)

Aloha,

Brad

Shouldn't you be enjoying some unemployed slumber right now Brad?

Hey, I got out of bed an hour later than usual today (as if it were a weekend or holiday*). Give me some time, won't ya?

Aloha,

Brad

* I also usually try to stay on a reasonably regular meal schedule; sleeping 'til noon, while a nice concept, messes that up severely.

Love at the Mirage looks amazing but incredibly expensive (over $100 for worse than obstructed view). Ka at MGM is also supposed to be really good. When are you going? I think that we are going to be there at the same time. If you are there on the 25th of October, Jimmy Buffett is playing at the MGM Grand.

I will be there October 26-30. I know LOVE is $165, but what can you do? They have a half-price offer on KA right now, so we are considering that too.

My very frugal mom spent $200 on her ticket to LOVE when she visited Vegas and said afterwards that she’d gladly pay double that to see it again. Mind you she is a Beatles freak and loves Cirque du Soliel, but really, if you aren’t a Beatles freak and don’t love Cirque du Soliel, should you really be entitled to oxygen?