Jump to content

Super Bowl XLIII - Pitt vs Ari


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit I never thought I would see Arizona in a Super Bowl.

They're luck is about to run out. Steelers defence will crush them.

I feel like this too buuuuuuuut they have made it to where they are not by playing consistent, but by sporadically making BIG plays(yesterdays game felt more like Philly vs Fitzgerald). If the O-line can give Warner a chance to have a look, anything can happen. I wonder how hurt Hines Ward is....

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is very nice to hear after last nights scare:

Ravens RB McGahee released from hospital

Owings Mills, MD (Sports Network) -

Ravens running back Willis McGahee was released from a Pittsburgh hospital Monday morning, one day after he suffered a frightening blow to the head during Baltimore's 23-14 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in Sunday's AFC Championship Game.

Ravens senior vice president of public and community relations Kevin Byrne released a statement Monday regarding McGahee's health.

"Ravens running back Willis McGahee was released from UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh early this morning and returned immediately to Baltimore. He is resting at his home today. It is expected that Willis will have a complete recovery from the head and neck injuries he suffered last night."

McGahee was put on a stretcher and carted off the field after a violent collision with Pittsburgh safety Ryan Clark in which both players' helmets collided with 3:29 remaining in the fourth quarter.

The former Miami Hurricane standout caught a short pass over the middle and Clark came up to make the helmet-to-helmet hit with McGahee having his neck snap back at the impact. Both players remained on the field for several minutes with Clark eventually getting to his feet and walking under his own power to the Pittsburgh bench.

McGahee, though, remained on the ground until medical personnel immobilized his head and assisted him to a stretcher. He was taken to UPMC for tests and held overnight. He finished the game with 60 yards on 20 carries and a pair of touchdowns before leaving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...