Jambands.ca

GTB in Hamilton this Saturday!

DevO

I just sorta realized that this weekend is Thanksgiving weekend and I am heading home to Hamilton, and that Grand Theft Bus happen to be playing in the Hammer on Saturday.

Before I noticed the GTB show, I was thinking of heading to TOrnoto for The New Deal. (The new album, by the way, KICKS ASS!!) Since I'm gonna be home and GTB aren't around all that much, I'm leaning more towards the GTB show now. But still not for sure.

So, what's everyone else doing on Saturday? tND or GTB? Either way, I'm lookin forward to seeing a bunch of you this weekend. =)

I think passes for the Hamilton Music Scene are like $20, I don't know how much it is for one show but the line-up before the GTB show at Pepperjacks is unreal

HARRISON KENNEDY, JACKIE WASHINGTON, JAMIE OAKES, TIM GIBBONS (opening at 7:30)

if you can afford it these are some real heavyweights playin

(GTB for me after all that, 10:30 - seperate cover charge from the Ham Music Scene, what a night of music!!)

HARRISON KENNEDY, JACKIE WASHINGTON, JAMIE OAKES, TIM GIBBONS

What's the background on these guys? How are they worth a hefty $20? Didn't one of them used to be in Teenage Head? If I pay $20 for this show, is GTB included? And finally, how much is it for just the GTB show, separately?

(sorry for all the questions, heehee)

I think the bus is around 5 or 6 bucks (thats my guess)

I'm hoping that its less money for just the one show of these guys, I think its $20 for a weekend pass for the music scene

Tim Gibbons was is the Trouble Boys and Teenage Head for a while but his solo stuff blows all that away... one of the best songwriters and most entertaining performers I've ever seen, he has a song in the movie Slingblade

Jamie Oakes is an unbelievable guitar player and a super performer

Jackie Washington is world reknowned as an authentic blues master, I believe he is in his 80s now CLICK HERE

Harrison has one of the sweetest voices you'll ever hear and is a totally unbelievable stage presence CHECK OUT a few songs here

some authentic shit I tell you, I can't believe its all happening on one stage (and the freakin bus is playing afterwards!!! [Eek!][Eek!][Eek!] )

even if it does end up you have to buy a pass, that line-up is easily worth $20

trust me, if you like heavy hittin and soulful musicians, this lineup is like the monteray pop festival

(and the freakin bus is playing afterwards! I just can't get my head around that... holy crap!)

KevO,

Its worth the money thats for sure.

I work with jamie Oakes brother and party with the other brother,and have seen Jamie many times,great musician thats fer sure.

Seen Jackie many times in my life,his grandson Brian is another guitar virtoroso(sp?) who I made a habit of seeing at least once or twice a week,he played guitar on Willie Nelson's Teatro with Emmylou & Lanois.

Harriosn Kennedy is amazing singer thats for sure,havent seen him in a couple of years but used to see him all the time.Same goes for Tim Gibbons,used to see Teenage head all the time,but as Paisley says,what he does now blows that all away.

Also I think that Show-whore had mentioned that the GTB shows was seperate from the whole Hamilton music scene thing,so the cover of $20 does'nt include the GTB show.

See ya there. [big Grin]

I just talked to Ken at PJC and its $10 to see the early show with Gibbons,Washington etc. and that will include the GTB show,but if you just make it down for the GTB show the doors open for that show at 11pm(meaning you have to wait until then to get in) and the cover is $5.

[big Grin]

Hey, just wondering if anyone going to tonight's GTB show will be going to Ottawa in the next week or two afterwards??? I've got a package I'm trying to get to Dr. Hux (or Bouche). Any help would be much appreciated! Bonus gift included, too!

ok, my original reason for login in here

that show last night was sick

Tim Gibbons - Texas blues version, slide guitar, killer

Jamie Oakes - sweet grooves, good songs

Jackie Washington - showed up on his walker a half hour before his set... booked for a half hour set played for an hour and a half, who could stop it... 70 years of performance staring you in the face with a huge smile winking as he drank... unbelievable songs... so real

Harrison Kennedy - opened with shakers and vocals, kept it crazy for 40 minutes... how do you follow up Jackie Washington anyways? Harrison rocked

the damn bus - light speeds hard corner wonders... beautiful crowd being... tight intense fast there

there

GTB was a great time!!! Jackie Washington was friggin'amazing!!! so professsional. [big Grin]

Great to see VVilly, Leanne, Paisley, Show-whore, Tooly, Secondtube and all you other Skanks! Thanks again VVilly and Leanne for the beer popcorn and Jam-down! [big Grin]

Schwa and QQC, killer as always!

Nice drivin' Que'ce qu-c'est! [Eek!][Razz]

Good to meet ya Thorgnor,

Cheers to the bus for the kind music and great vibe,always a pleasure seein those cats.

Schwa,again my friend great to party with ya,glad ya made it for the Jomomma /JSB show.

Thumbs up to Willy & Leanne for puttin' up with me. [Wink]

See ya'll at the next show.

Indeed, good times had by all. Grand Theft Bus was good, but the Hiero show in T.O was a great opener... its fun walking into a packed club at 5pm. ...then driving to ham it up with a bucha hippies [smile] wooohoo. thanks for the hospitality willy, good to see everyone else.

phishstick, i got yer email about hiero, but it was too late, that address is at my 'rents house in waterloo. sorry.

kevO, if you still have a pkg going to ottawa, i might be able to help you out... this friday.

Archived