Jambands.ca

Prince - Lotusflow3r.com launched

bouche

Prince launched http://www.lotusflow3r.com today. He's got 3 albums that are available to download now. There are mixed reviews. Likely, the more you like prince, the more accepting you'll be. I dunno. I haven't heard them yet, but I will before the day is through.

If you want to join, not only do you have to pay a membership fee, but you have to solve a riddle and fill in a concert ticket's date and location. Here's the answer if you care

1986/Los Angeles

For most people, the site will just be really confusing. Don't even bother trying to use it if you have problems with more than one forum **Cough **** Velvet *** Cough!

here's an article from Rollingstone

I totally agree that it was a brutal and disrespectful move. He always manages to refer to his hardcore fanbase as his TRUE fans. These are the ones that buy a membership to his new site on day one (including me).

However, these are the same people that he sent 'cease and desist' notices to regarding hosting multimedia. It still stands. I think he may have had done that in preparation for his new site and some phobia that he may have based upon losing control.

However, these are the same people that he sent 'cease and desist' notices to regarding hosting multimedia. It still stands. I think he may have had done that in preparation for his new site and some phobia that he may have based upon losing control.

Um, not just multi-media, anything "linked to his likeness" (quoted from cease & desist order). This included pictures of fan made art (eg: drawings, paintings), the fans' own photographs of him, pictures of tattoos people got and even pictures of custom license plates.

I'm sorry but an argument of him "losing control" would be complete BS.

Why go after the folks giving him massive free promotion and not the scammers making actual profit off his name? Only reason I can figure is because he wanted to make even more money off his "true fans" by shutting down fan forums and making the "true fans" pay to join a website.

Basically, its seems Prince is the musical equivalent of sciencetology, the more you pay the truer fan you are.