Jambands.ca

Billy Bob Thornton v. Jian Ghomeshi

Hartamophone

This is a little lengthy but worth the watch. Billy Bob Thornton is on Q with his band and acts like a brat when Jian has the nerve (?) to mention that Billy Bob is an actor. I've never been a huge Jian Ghomeshi fan, but props to him for not getting sucked in and for salvaging the interview as much as he could.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color:purple]Fuck yeah, i'm going out to buy all of his albums.

It's funny, because from the description of the music it sounds to me like something I'd be interested in (I was thinking along the lines of The Sadies). But after that, I wouldn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole. Way to not help your own cause, Billy.

(Then again, had he not been such a wanker we wouldn't be sitting around here talking about his band at all, so maybe it was a little more calculated than we'd like to think).

I didn't think he was as bad as y'all made out.

Sure he may have got too offended when really he could have just let it go but it seems like he was trying to keep the focus on the band and made a point of saying that from the get go.

When Ghomesi mentioned the acting thing and tried to turn it into a BBT interview instead of a Boxmasters interview he just said "I don't know" to get it back to the band and the band did a good job answering. If he would have left it like that it would have saved everyone some embarassment. I guess the 6am part probably caught up to him with the "would you ask Tom Petty" part.

All in all, sounds like he was trying to be a band not BBT. He could have found a better way to get there though...

Jian simply said, in a long intro, in the last little bit of it, that BBT was an Oscar winning actor/scrrenwriter. That was it. The interview was going to be all about the music. How is that unprofessional? I don't think he made it personal. At least not until BBT (i'm sorry, the Leader of the Box Masters) said Canadians were like mash potatoes without the gravy. Sorry, but I would have made it personal then too.

The interview was at 9am btw. The Leader of the Box Masters didn't know how to tell time, but he did have a smoke outside.

So, who was at the show last night?

I just heard this on the news as a top story so I had to check this out.

In his defence, Billy Bob has probably had to go on Jay Leno etc. hundreds of times answering the same questions about whatever movie he was promoting at the time. If it was emphasized to the producers to only talk about music I can see why he got upset.

The fact that it is a major news story now will draw a lot of attention to the band so maybe it was a work.

Jian simply said, in a long intro, in the last little bit of it, that BBT was an Oscar winning actor/scrrenwriter. That was it. The interview was going to be all about the music. How is that unprofessional? I don't think he made it personal. At least not until BBT (i'm sorry, the Leader of the Box Masters) said Canadians were like mash potatoes without the gravy. Sorry, but I would have made it personal then too.

The interview was at 9am btw. The Leader of the Box Masters didn't know how to tell time, but he did have a smoke outside.

So, who was at the show last night?

It was more then that - he did that and then directed his questions at BBT and didn't he also ask questions about how BBT got into music, implying that he moved from acting to music.

I watched the whole thing and still no nothing about the rest of the band's backgrounds etc.

It was supposed to be a band interview and Jian, possibly inadvertantly, made it a BBT interview - or tried - but BBT didn't cooperate.

And for what its worth - the mashed potatoes no gravy comment was the perfect way to describe last nights crowd. Honestly.

Jian simply said, in a long intro, in the last little bit of it, that BBT was an Oscar winning actor/scrrenwriter. That was it. The interview was going to be all about the music. How is that unprofessional?

Ghomeshi should have taken the hint that Billy Bob was pissed and steered the interview back to focus on the band. Instead Ghomeshi decided to bait Thornton even more, making things worse. Everyone knows Thornton is an asshole. What's Ghomeshi's excuse?