Jambands.ca

Allman Bros. 15 show run box - $499 USD

bouche

That's absurd. Wonder if the huge price tag has anything to do with the long line of musical guests that joined them on stage who also would have to get a cut.....ie. can't see Eric Clapton allowing them free reign on the sale of a live version of Layla that he sang and performed on.

This thread made my think that Dickey Betts should put out a box set called "Dick in a Box".

That's way too much money. It amazes me what rich people will spend their money on.

I wonder how many people will spend their money on it, though. They are clearly going for the same demographic that The Dead were looking for with their $100 ticket prices, and I dare say that that hasn't gone totally according to plan.

Also, I second your idea for a Forrest Richard Betts box set.

This thread made my think that Dickey Betts should put out a box set called "Dick in a Box".

That's way too much money. It amazes me what rich people will spend their money on.

I wonder how many people will spend their money on it' date=' though. They are clearly going for the same demographic that The Dead were looking for with their $100 ticket prices, and I dare say that that hasn't gone totally according to plan.

Also, I second your idea for a Forrest Richard Betts box set.[/quote']

Not necessarily disagreeing. But here's a tought. Maybe the $100 Dead tix have gone as planned. ie. maybe they figured out how many they'd sell regardless and have come in around that number but for $100.

Same with ABB. Maybe they know only however many will buy regardless of price and the rest will d/l. So they jack it and sell the same amount but cover the d/lers.

Just a thought.