Jambands.ca

iPhone Help....

YearsAlongTheSea

Damnit. I updated the software on my iPhone and now it says the SIM card is not valid. It was working before the update but I guess Apple isn't happy about the fact that I just popped the SIM card from my other phone in.

Sucks. Guess I'll have to bring it in and get it hooked up to a new plan...

edit to add: really sucks after having spent all this time customizing the fuck'er too. Thanks for tip bouche, the garageband loop I threw in there made a great ringtone...

Edited by Guest

From time to time, I get a "No sim card" error. Rebooting the iPhone, or even doing a restore will bring it back. Now, i don't know about the deal with you popping a sim card from one phone to another, but if it's an active account, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Turned out the phone, formerly my dad's, was originally purchased in the U.S. so updating the software was a heads-up to mac. I've since lifted the country code on it and it's back in action...

Jaydawg: if you take a little paper clip and stick it in the little hole at the top of your iPhone, out pops the SIM card...

Turned out the phone, formerly my dad's, was originally purchased in the U.S. so updating the software was a heads-up to mac. I've since lifted the country code on it and it's back in action...

Jaydawg: if you take a little paper clip and stick it in the little hole at the top of your iPhone, out pops the SIM card...

Hey YATS - you can jailbreak your phone in about 2 seconds without having to get a new plan. That should allow you to use any sim card in it whatsoever.

TRy this site http://www.quickpwn.com/ - it should help you out.

jay are you talking hardware or software?

there is new hardware (3G S) which will run the new software (3.0). and as I understand it the 3G iphones will run the 3.0 software but there are a few limitations due to the differences in hardware or something between 3G S and 3G?

i dunno. my cellphone is old school.