Jambands.ca

Stanley cup champs

Bennyd

Last year you guys pissed me off in this forum, during the playoffs so I didnt look here even once this year. But I just got back from the Parade downtown and I got my first glimpse of the Stanley Cup. I got chills, what a feeling. All I have to say is its good to be the Champions. Lets Go Pens!!!

I can only imagine what that ride must have felt like Bennyd. These Pens really matured and you have to hand it to them, especially after they got completely slaughtered in Game 5. The poise and attitude they showed after that was definitely praise-worthy.

Enjoy the next few days and have fun at the Phish on Thursday.

Thanks guys,

Loving cup, I love it, wow that would be something.

Crosby didnt shake hands? I had no idea. To be honest though he is very polite, and I doubt he intentionally dissed Detroit but I don’t know. I have met him and in the brief time I spent with him he was very nice. (in a bar downtown, and he was only 20 at the time, drinking age is 21 in the states lol) not to mention everything he does for the city, more charity than the Steelers for sure

Cup goes for a SWIM :)

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/index.php/2009/06/mario-lemieux-sure-can-throw-a-stanley-cup-party/

mario-lemieux-party-1.jpg

Mario Lemieux Sure Can Throw A Stanley Cup Party

June 17, 2009

Total Pro Sports - Having won two of his own during his playing years with the Pittsburgh Penguins, Mario Lemieux is no stranger to Stanley Cup victory parties. Unfortunately some of the current Pens may be, so Mario decided to show them what its all about.

At his unbelievable mansion in Siwickley, Pa, Lemieux threw a party for the team and judging by the pics it looks as though it was one hell of a time. How many people can say they have swam with the Stanley Cup? The players as well as family and friends showed up at the bosses place to celebrate the victory and among the pictures which have surfaced are some with players and family in the pool with the Cup, a great view of the mansion and Mario's wine cellar.

After winning the NHL's coveted trophy on Friday, the Pens have since hoisted it on the bus from Detroit to Pittsburgh, show it off (among other things) at their hometown parade, and now this. We also hear that due to Crosby's request, there was no reception line.

Here are the pics from the party. [Deadspin]

504x_mariocup2.jpg

504x_mario3.jpg

504x_mario4.jpg

504x_mario5.jpg