Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they are debating taking the centre off and playing 2 goalies...

Shots will be 40-20 tonight against the Habs...

LOL ... or they could get all 6 players to stand in front of the net and simply absorb all the shots :)

Reminds me of when on of the MLB teams hired a midget pinch-hitter ... they couldn't pitch to his tiny strike zone, get a walk, then pinch runner. They modified the rules after that .

Guest Low Roller

Donald%20Trump%20You%27re%20Fired%20Above%20the%20Law%20blog.gif

Not sure. I hear that he's getting paid for the rest of the season to sit at home, and then they are buying out the third year of his $4.5M contract.

If I understand this right, it will be 2/3 of the $1.5M remaining on his contract, spread over the double of what's left of his contract, so $1M over two years.

So a hit of $500K in 2010-2011 and $500K in 2011-2012. Pfff...

Guest Low Roller

The idiot probably sealed his own fate when he said in an interview earlier this week that he didn't like to fight, then watched from the bench as Gorges and Pouliot distributed the justice.

Guest Low Roller

It's not impossible that once teams start gearing up for a playoff run that they will want to pick up a bruiser and Laraque may be willing to drop his NTC for a playoff run. Let's not despair yet.

Guest Low Roller

But he's not bought out yet you dolt. Don't you listen fully when things are being said? Your mind works like a "declassifed" document from the CIA:

cia-declassified.jpg

Guest Low Roller

Gainey pretty much threw Laraque under the bus during his press conference by calling him "unproductive and a distraction".

Unfortunately the whole Haiti disaster is being mixed into this. Laraque said that the organization was "classless" for releasing him while he was still grieving for Haiti. Word has it that Gainey offered him a leave of absence yesterday, but Laraque refused. The decision to release Laraque was made last week.

Guest Low Roller

Gainey: "I don't have a copy of BGL's code, don't know what it is, should be to support teammates. It's not his code, it's OUR code".

Laraque was lined up for interviews all over town, but he's been hit with a gag order by the Habs who he is technically still under contract with.