Jambands.ca

All things HURON (now with video and mad Ontario tourdates)

TheGoodRev

Haha, no acetate that I saw, though that would have been bad-ass. They sent us four 180 gram records, same as they will be when they're pressed, just with 'test pressing' on the label.

The CDs, however, have been pressed for almost 6 weeks. When you order from Maplemusic, they should ship right away.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, no acetate that I saw, though that would have been bad-ass. They sent us four 180 gram records, same as they will be when they're pressed, just with 'test pressing' on the label.

The CDs, however, have been pressed for almost 6 weeks. When you order from Maplemusic, they should ship right away.

oh yeah. I forgot that Vinyl was back, nice and thick. It seems so new and foreign to me to play music on a plastic 12" disc. I keep forgetting that I have vinyl and a turntable. I enjoyed when phish's joy came in the mail, as I did when I got the Radiohead box. I really need to buy a new record more frequently.

Hey! I'll buy yours! Glad to see that you guys are going that way.

• 1 month later...

Quick update folks:

The official release of the record is pushed back only very slightly, to Tuesday March 23. We're really excited to be playing three shows with buds Cuff The Duke on the previous weekend:

Thu Mar 18 Montreal House, Peterborough

Fri Mar 19 Maverick's, Ottawa

Sat Mar 20 Lee's Palace, Toronto

Also we had a great little mention in the National Post over Xmastime: Canadian Futures 2010

The vinyl is just about done and I should have a giant heavy box in the mail any day now. It will undoubtedly be for sale at shows as soon as it arrives (maybe early next week).

Also of course we continue to play Wednesdays at the Dakota, starting with our own set and then backing Ian Blurton for two, until the end of February. Two weeks ago a cat from Now magazine was out and took a vid which was cool...but then last week a fellow named Tom came out and took six vids - three of the Huron set and three with Ian. If you've heard our record you'll recognize all three of ours. And if you didn't believe me when I said that shit gets jammy, especially in Ian's set, here is my proof - best evidenced in the last video below, "Folded Plastic Fingers", where Ian sits down at the bass and lets Adam reign over the keys. The vid starts in the middle of the tune when I've already sat down to lay some psychedelic steel on the situation. Enjoy:

Huron - "King & Country"

Huron - "Corktown"

Huron - "The Biggest Dig"

Ian Blurton's Happy Endings - "Free Jazz Hands"

Ian Blurton's Happy Endings - "Sin's A Good Man's Brother" (Grand Funk Railroad)

Ian Blurton's Happy Endings - "Folded Plastic Fingers"

I just ordered the record (I think?!). Ordering through Maplemusic was a bit confusing - it asked for my address and credit card twice (I don't understand that). I entered my address twice but missed the second credit card entry form before I hit enter. the next page said my order had been completed so here's hoping!?!

I'm really looking fwd to hearing this. Congrats guys!

Hey thanks Blurry...I'd say to watch for the charge and if it doesn't happen (or happens twice), give them a call and they'll sort it out for you. 1-877-944-5144.

ANYHOW we've somehow ended up on the Maplemusic front page with Hawksley Workman and Kate Maki, which is nice. http://www.maplemusic.com

And I realize that those videos really belong in the video forum so I will put them in there.

• 5 weeks later...

Just a note to drop a big load of dates on you all...Ottawa skancs, note we'll be visiting you twice in the next little while.

Also the LP's have arrived and are quite awesome...they feature an extra photo collage that isn't in the CD. And they're 180 gram and come with the usual download card. Stoked! Hope to see as many of you on the road as possible! Cheers.

Thu Feb 18 Guelph at Ebar w Ian Blurton, Evan Gordon & the Sad Clowns

Wed Feb 24 Toronto at Dakota w w Ian Blurton, BA Johnston (final residency date)

Friday Feb 26 Hamilton at This Ain't Hollywood w Sandman Viper Command [CFMU Benefit](we headline)

Sat Feb 27 Montreal at Divan Orange w Hollerado

Sat Mar 6 Sudbury at The Towne House w Meadowlark Five

Fri Mar 12 Toronto at Silver Dollar w Ian Blurton, Catl, the Dexateens, Isla Craig [CMW Showcase, 10pm]

Sat Mar 13 Brantford at Two Doors Down w Ascot Royals

Thu Mar 18 Peterborough at Montreal House w Cuff The Duke

Fri Mar 19 Ottawa at Maverick's w Cuff The Duke

Sat Mar 20 Toronto at Lee's Palace w Cuff The Duke

Tue Mar 23 Toronto at Horseshoe Tavern

Wed Mar 31 Peterborough at The Spill

Thu Apr 1 Ottawa at Elmdale House Tavern

Fri Apr 2 Montreal at Quai des Brumes w The Heavy Hands

Sat Apr 3 Kingston at TBA

Wed Apr 7 Guelph at TBA

Thu Apr 8 Windsor at Phog Lounge

Fri Apr 9 Brantford at Two Doors Down