Jambands.ca

Grammy's

slavetothegroove

i don't know why i'm watching, but this is fucking terrible. why is lip-synching acceptable at a music award show? jeff beck was good, but that woman was an actor at best. definitely no singer.

no wonder it's a 3.5 hour show - there was just a 6 minute commercial break, 8 minutes for weezy, drake and eminem (which was awesome, actually) and then another 5 minute commercial break.

arg. and they're largely promoting the worst music on earth. why am i watching this. fack.

Turned it on when the Black-Eyed Pleasegoaways were on. What tripe :P Then to see slash play a G'n'R solo to some pure rap/hiphop drivel autotune shit made me wanna hurl.

If the Grammy's represent mainstream music these days and the record industry, you wonder why people really don't like having to pay for their products.

I thought they banned lipsync at the Grammys. If they are allowing it again then all respect lost. Fuck 'em ;)

:bonghit:

If you have a pre-teen daughter you know who Taylor Swift is. She's actually not too bad - and has some talent. i wouldn't describe her music as the staple of girl pop. she rights her own songs and can play an instrument. I expect her to be around for a long time (assuming she can write about something other than boys and breaking up). She hosted SNL earlier this season. Last season as musical guest she was so cute as her excitement was so obvious. Her performance on the Grammys, however, was evidence of her limited range. She sounded just awful on Rhianna. And for some reason she sounded pretty bad on her own songs as well. she seemed to be off key. Big tour in the spring. coming to Ottawa. Tix sold out in minutes.

Taylor Swift struck me as someone in dire need of stage polish. She came off more like an American Idol contestant than a professional musician. I found her complete lack of deference to Stevie Nicks appalling.

Maybe just a bad match-up? I didn't see/hear it. However, I did watch her performances on SNL this past season. She was really good, both in her having fun in the skits and performing her own music.

tumblrkx58ccusuo1qz50ylo1250-1265004307.gif

found her complete lack of deference to Stevie Nicks appalling.

i thought she looked so excited to be on stage performing with Stevie Nicks. she even mentioned what an honour it was.

No one jumped on my DMB diss but say one bad thing about Taylor Swift...

i forgot about that....I meant to...

I was really surprised at how b-o-r-i-n-g that DMB song was. How could so many performers (about 100 people were on that stage) with so much energy sound so crap? what an awful song.

She was so excited she sang over Stevie and blocked her out of the frame with her guitar. ;)

perhaps Stevie "what have you done lately" got in the way of the album of the year winner and huge current star. At least maybe that's how Swift saw it. Or maybe ollie is reading into this just a bit too much.

She was so excited she sang over Stevie and blocked her out of the frame with her guitar. ;)

perhaps Stevie "what have you done lately" got in the way of the album of the year winner and huge current star. At least maybe that's how Swift saw it. Or maybe ollie is reading into this just a bit too much.

from what i've seen of taylor swift to date there is no way that she purposely got in the way of nicks. methinks ollie is reading too much into it. swift has always been very humble. i don't think that she sand "over her." she just sang like crap and their voices didn't blend at all.