Jambands.ca

kovalchuk to....

c-towns

He turned down a lot of money but he will get paid by someone in the off season. I don't blame him for wanting out of Atlanta.

So maybe he 'settles' for 70 or 80 Mil. lol

I'm not sure if NJ will even try to sign him but I think part of the reason they had to give up so little is there is no guarantee he will be there beyond this season.

That being said... maybe playing for a consistently winning team will entice him to sign there for less than Atlanta offered.

I'm not sure if NJ will even try to sign him but I think part of the reason they had to give up so little is there is no guarantee he will be there beyond this season.

And the fact he was traded a month before the trade deadline certainly made a less return. I heard yesterday a part of the reason is that this will save Atlanta almost 1 million dollars.

And the fact he was traded a month before the trade deadline certainly made a less return. I heard yesterday a part of the reason is that this will save Atlanta almost 1 million dollars.

If that is the case, that is too bad. Hockey in certain markets is in terrible shape.

My parents live in Arizona. My Dad goes to a bunch of Coyotes games. There was an offer at a local grocery store, if you bought 4 cases of Pepsi for $10, they would give you 2 tickets in the lower bowl to a Coyotes game. This offer was available for the whole month of January.

At least they put asses in the seats in Nashville. Not the valued coporate asses but people at least see tha games there.

And I could see that being annoying to Canucks down there, but I bet education of your spectators with a "new" sport goes a long way to increase their level of enjoyment of the game and therefore increases the chances they might return.

My friend's parents live in Nashville and have season tickets. At every whistle the PA guy comes on and explains the penalty :D

I heard something similar when I was in Tampa Bay watching a game. It was rather funny. Each penalty came with a detailed description of the infraction.

I can't believe how little Atlanta got in the trade. Remember how ridiculous the Forsberg rental trade was?

Forsberg to Nashville (as a rental) for:

Ryan Parent

Scottie Upshall (subsequently dealt with a 2nd rounder for Carcillo)

1st rounder (dealt back to Nash for early negotiating rights with Hartnell and Timonen - 2 UFAs Nashville had no plans to sign)

3rd rounder

Kovalchuk to NJ (rental?) for:

Oduya

Bergfors

Cormier

1st rounder

Comparison:

Bergfors (5th in rookie scoring, 3rd in goals) projects to be at least as good as Upshall. Oduya is MUCH better than Parent today and it's questionable if Parent ever develops into a full-time NHLer. Cormier projects as a 3rd/4th liner, that's gotta be equivalent to a 3rd round pick. A 1st equals a 1st, but you can argue that it was always in the plan for Nashville to get that pick back.

So Atlanta got the better return hands down.