Jambands.ca

So I just saw Bill and Jillian Nershi pick in a bookstore

Hartamophone

Living in Colorado has its privileges. Just went up to Nederland where Billy and Jill were playing in a tiny bookshop (think the size of a decent living room) for 20 people. Say what you will about the Cheese, but Billy's a great flat picker and we had quite the cozy evening, with the musicians passing their bottle of tequila to the "audience" in between songs.

Blog Post

Edited by Guest

That and you tend to just run into them here and there; especially living in Ned. Where was the show?

The show was in Ned at Blue Owl Books - the little shop owned by Vince Herman's ex-wife that sits across from the "big" grocery store.

You're right about seeing and chatting with the guys from Yonder and SCI around town, even in Boulder. And it's nice to be able to catch them sitting in during small picking sessions.

Met Bill once. He was a super nice guy during our encounter. He kept plowing me with hash and budweiser while getting himself royally fuckedup like a wookie. He probably figured I could help him score MsHux but that's all conjecture at this point.

Also met the bass player from SCI that same night and he was the nicest of the lot. Really down to earth and no pretense whatsoever.

Met Bill once. He was a super nice guy during our encounter. He kept plowing me with hash and budweiser while getting himself royally fuckedup like a wookie. He probably figured I could help him score MsHux but that's all conjecture at this point.

Also met the bass player from SCI that same night and he was the nicest of the lot. Really down to earth and no pretense whatsoever.

Indeed I have always found Bill to be a great guy. And you are right about Keith, the bass player. I have run into him several times since being in Boulder, and helped out him and his family for quite a while one night in the bookstore where I work. He has always been nothing but entirely friendly to me and hasn't ever put himself on any sort of pedestal. Also, his wife is not ugly.