Jambands.ca

Women Canada vs. USA: Gold medal game!!!

Kanada Kev

there are times when you have to keep things in perspective. An 18 year old woman drinking a beer after she just scored the game winning goal in an Olympic gold medal is not deserving of any sanction whatsoever.

Since you want to make an issue of it, there certainly are times when certain behaviours are appropriate. She should have kept that in the dressing room. I am sure quite a few parents of female hockey players wouldnt care for a role model who is clearly caught breaking the law. www.bustthebitch.ca

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the women always bring their kids out on the ice to celebrate with the team and get the gold. What the hell?

I despise this increasingly ubiquitous part of sports victory celebrations. Leave the kids at home. That goes for everyone: Golfers, basketball players, Super Bowl winners and ladies Olympic hockey teams (I don't think its just the women anymore).

Since you want to make an issue of it, there certainly are times when certain behaviours are appropriate. She should have kept that in the dressing room. I am sure quite a few parents of female hockey players wouldnt care for a role model who is clearly caught breaking the law. www.bustthebitch.ca

I imagine all sorts of "non-role model" behaviour goes on in the women's hockey program if the men's game at the junior and below level is any indication. Getting upset about this innocent-by-comparison display is grandstanding, IMO.

I love how a few photographs of women smoking cigars and drinking beer has caused a bunch of grown men to go from celebrating a gold medal win to realizing that women's hockey is, in fact, stupid and the players are bitches.

Go Canada!

my opinion of womens hockey has nothing to do with smoking cigars and drinking beer.

I love how a few photographs of women smoking cigars and drinking beer has caused a bunch of grown men to go from celebrating a gold medal win to realizing that women's hockey is' date=' in fact, stupid and the players are bitches.

Go Canada![/quote']

my opinion of womens hockey has nothing to do with smoking cigars and drinking beer.

Did you drink some beer and watch the game last night?

I love how a few photographs of women smoking cigars and drinking beer has caused a bunch of grown men to go from celebrating a gold medal win to realizing that women's hockey is' date=' in fact, stupid and the players are bitches.

Go Canada![/quote']

Did you drink some beer and watch the game last night?

uh nope. don't really see what you are getting at.

I imagine all sorts of "non-role model" behaviour goes on in the women's hockey program if the men's game at the junior and below level is any indication. Getting upset about this innocent-by-comparison display is grandstanding, IMO.

Imagining things occur behind closed doors is far different that being caught on the worlds biggest stage. I've never seen any of the Canadian junior players crack a beer on the ice after they have won gold but we know those kids go out and get loaded. I am saying there is a time and place. She's a role model. Grandstanding? Fuck you and your stupid hair.

grandstanding

"Scientists have known that newly acquired, short-term memories are often fleeting," ScienceDaily reports. "But a new study in flies suggests that kind of forgetfulness doesn't just happen. Rather, an active process of erasing memories may in some ways be as important as the ability to lay down new memories, say researchers who report their findings in the Feb. 19 issue of the journal Cell. 'Learning activates the biochemical formation of memory,' says Yi Zhong of Tsinghua University and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. 'But you need to remove memories for new information to come in. We've found that forgetting is an active process to remove memory.' "

I imagine all sorts of "non-role model" behaviour goes on in the women's hockey program if the men's game at the junior and below level is any indication. Getting upset about this innocent-by-comparison display is grandstanding' date=' IMO.[/quote']

Imagining things occur behind closed doors is far different that being caught on the worlds biggest stage. I've never seen any of the Canadian junior players crack a beer on the ice after they have won gold but we know those kids go out and get loaded. I am saying there is a time and place. She's a role model. Grandstanding? Fuck you and your stupid hair.

Remember kids, it's only wrong if you get caught!

Roll-modeling 101 with Dr.Bouchard PHD (pretty hypocritical dude)

Washing the dog "Pet owners in Japan are washing their dogs and cats in specially designed vending machines to save money in the recession," Ananova.com reports. "More and more people are making use of machines such as one installed at a pet supermarket called Joyful Honda in the suburbs of Tokyo. It washes and blow-dries dogs and cats for the equivalent of just L 3.50 [$5.70 Canadian] - a massive saving on the costs of pet stylists who charge more than L 20 [$32.50] for a full wash and blow dry. . . . The 33-minute process includes a shampoo, a rinse and a dry.