Jambands.ca

Women Canada vs. USA: Gold medal game!!!

Kanada Kev

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Team Canada ... YOU ROCK!!! I think these pics and celebration are fantastic. Everyone had gone, why not celebrate harmlessly like this. YOU EARNED IT and it's our f'in game .... you really needn't be apologizing for all your hard work and successful outcome.

GO CANADA GO

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/26/canadian-hockey-celebrati_n_477665.html#s71101

slide_5158_71091_large.jpg

slide_5158_71092_large.jpg

slide_5158_71093_large.jpg

slide_5158_71094_large.jpg

slide_5158_71095_large.jpg

slide_5158_71096_large.jpg

slide_5158_71097_large.jpg

slide_5158_71098_large.jpg

slide_5158_71099_large.jpg

slide_5158_71100_large.jpg

slide_5158_71101_large.jpg

The team is a fucking disgrace imo. Did you see the celebrations after scoring goals 11, 12, 13 on Sweden? Cigars and booze on the ice?

If this was any other country pulling this shit (imagine it was the Russian Men's team?), most of you would be up in arms. And Don Cherry would be having a coronary.

Way to win that medal in a one and a half horse race. Stay classy bitches.

I couldn't agree more.... Not just in the post ceremony celebrations, but also just following the game. They really made the US look like they deserved to be looking so sour.

Some of those girls just won their 3rd gold and 4th overall medal. Against most of the same opponents!

The US Captain was a bit over the top in her 'sour-ness' but I would have been feeling the same way.

Finally I am not sure if anyone noticed, but that was the worst display of patriotism ever- while the anthem played at least half of the girls were not standing still, were hugging each other, chatting and mocking up for the camera (Hayley we know you won, the anthem is playing fer krist sakes).

The only thing they should be apologizing for is their choice of beers.....
I couldn't agree more.... Not just in the post ceremony celebrations, but also just following the game. They really made the US look like they deserved to be looking so sour.

Some of those girls just won their 3rd gold and 4th overall medal. Against most of the same opponents!

The US Captain was a bit over the top in her 'sour-ness' but I would have been feeling the same way.

Finally I am not sure if anyone noticed, but that was the worst display of patriotism ever- while the anthem played at least half of the girls were not standing still, were hugging each other, chatting and mocking up for the camera (Hayley we know you won, the anthem is playing fer krist sakes).

:surprise:

That's some gold medal work right there Barrett.

In other news:

Among those drinking were Marie-Philip Poulin of Quebec City, the youngest player on Team Canada and its fourth-line centre, who scored twice in the first period. The 18-year-old Poulin turns 19 next month, but right now she would be under the legal drinking age in B.C.

Haha. I got caught enough in my day and got a couple of fines. I hope she does too.

How dumb are the Canadian women? Lets go drink and smoke on the ice when the IOC already thinks our sport is a joke and wants to pull it. Hah. I really don’t think it’s a big deal but obviously when you take into account the IOC they make it a big deal. Like the snowboarder who went home for getting his medal kissed.

Anyway.. I watched about 3 minutes total of the game. Its harder to win rec hockey leagues then it is the womens gold medal.

You know what really grinds my gears

What I thought was funny, cause I hate this crap, the women always bring their kids out on the ice to celebrate with the team and get the gold. What the hell? But the funny thing was I was watching when Canada was getting their “team photo†and wickenhieser tries to get the whole team to wait at centre so she can bring her kid across to get in the team picture. sure Id want to share it with my family and stuff but there really is a time and place for it and it aint on the ice when you are getting the medal or in team photos. How annoying is it to the majority of players on the team who have no kids? They certainly don’t think they played a part.. unless they are a water boy/stick chick.

Oops forgot to say what I found funny. She hauls her kid over and some of the team started to shake the finnish girls hands cause they were offering congratulations. What does ole hailey do? Try to usher them back in so she can get her kid in the gold medal pic and make the finns wait a bit longer. Bah.. they didn’t and that was the funny part.

and thats what really grinds my gears.

you know what else grinds my gears??

no hitting in womens hockey.

is womens rugby touch rugby? hell no.. is womens soccer no slide tackles allowed?? no.. is womens boxing no punching?? its so facking stupid.. at least it would be fun to watch the women take runs at one another.

and thats what else grinds my gears.

The anthem has been a bit of a joke every since TSN made a point of giving the junior team their "bad singing" close-ups after winning gold. The women were carrying on the tradition.

In regards to the jubilant post-match celebration... I thought it did go on a little too long but this is by far the biggest game in women's hockey and it only happens every 4 years so I'll give them a pass on that. The USA team would have likely reacted the same way if they won. And major kudos to the classy Canadian fans for honouring the USA players with their boisterous cheering and joining in the "USA, USA" chant.

And flying in the face of Mr. Law and Order Booche, there are times when you have to keep things in perspective. An 18 year old woman drinking a beer after she just scored the game winning goal in an Olympic gold medal is not deserving of any sanction whatsoever. The real crime is the drinking age in BC. Speaking of, didn't a member of the BC parliament get busted for a DUI this week? If this so-called controversy gets more attention than that then our priorities as a society are screwed.

On a practical note though, they should have cased the joint for AP photographers before going out there. I love those pictures though.

And major kudos to the classy Canadian fans for honouring the USA players with their boisterous cheering and joining in the "USA, USA" chant.

I thought that was a really special moment. It showed who we are as a people. Every one of the US girls acknowledged the gesture of the crowd, except the US captain. I'd hate to have to go home to her bitchface every night!