Jambands.ca

Days of You? Returning?

StoneMtn

Those are some serious allegations. You had better have a good lawyer and you had better hope he is not in the depths of an ether binge because as we all know there is nothing so pathetic.

....and how could I describe this riff to you....and would I want to...?.....you guys want the riff too don't you...egad I'm surrounded...and lizards everywhere.....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can assure you no keytarist would ever attempt such a riff. At best they would suffer an immediate carpal tunnel collapse, at the worst they would degenerate to such a level of raving lunacy that would result in them being a complete....well.....keytarist for lack of a better word.

Days of You? There's a blast from the past. Fun shows. Was friends with their sound guy. Got to have fun going with him over to the guy's studio who invented the Mandala thing (way early virtual reality interactive music thingy in front of a green screen) that they used to perform with on stage. (got us into the Hockey Hall of Fame Inductions one year since that technology was used in one of their displays on being a goalie).

I remember seeing that mandala thingy at Other Ones shows (before they became Days of You). was pretty cool at the time. I saw the Other Ones a few times, but never actually saw them as Days of You.

Yep.

DoY did the odd cover, too, including Them's "Gloria" almost every time they hit Ottawa.

They had four CDs of original songs (sometimes the same song appeared on more than one disc, and one CD came out years after they broke up with only a few promo songs) and they also had an old cassette. (There was also at least one live cassette, too, called "Liv" - with a horizontal line over the "i", which I believe was also recorded in Ottawa, but I am literally remembering back decades, so it's a bit foggy.)