Jambands.ca

Armando Galarraga ROBBED of a perfect game

Basher

Wow.I would post a link to a video, but mlb will have at down as soon as I posted it.

Might as well head over to ESPN and watch the video.

How on Earth can you miss that call so badly? For a freaking perfect game???

109864486-a0d6984ed80f966764b1ac26d1cca469.4c06fe90-scaled.jpg

Edited by Guest

Galarraga got :surprise:

Selig should overturn the call and give him the first (only) 28-out perfect game in history. Bud has the power. It's the "right" thing to do, it'll further the conversation for instant replay, and it wont affect the outcome of that game whatsoever.

I heard the umpire's interview on the radio this morning and I have to say he handled himself as best as I can imagine. If nothing else Galarraga will always be on that list with an asterisk beside his name.

quote]

Yep, thought Joyce spoke very well. He screwed up, he knows it, but baseball seems to thrive on existing on the possibility of human error. Much like soccer, it is what it is.

In 1991, a panel headed by then-commissioner Fay Vincent took a look at the record book and decided to throw out 50 no-hitters for various reasons.

anyways, Selig says no, so whatever. just another moment locked in lore now.

i had an ump once apologize to me for a blown "out" call, while his arms were still outstretched calling it safe.. like, he literally made the call, immediately knew his mistake and said "sorry, scotty" while holding the safe call. fucking surreal. elimination play-off game in my last season, that guy came around to score and we lost by that run. baseball's a motherfucker sometimes.

guigsy, those no hitters weren't erased because individual safe/out calls were reversed.

"On September 4, 1991 the Committee for Statistical Accuracy, appointed by Commissioner Fay Vincent, changed the definition of a no-hitter to require that a pitcher throw at least nine full innings and a complete game."

"The stringent definition eliminated 38 no-hitters from the books that were shortened by rain or darkness and losing efforts by the away team in which the home team doesn’t bat in the bottom of the ninth.

It also wiped out 12 no-hitters by pitchers who threw nine innings of no-hit ball only to yield a hit in extra innings. That narrow definition kept Pedro Martinez out of the exclusive no-no club, even though his ball is featured in the National Baseball Hall of Fame’s “No-Nos and Perfectos†exhibit. Martinez threw nine innings of perfect ball on June 3, 1995, but his Expos couldn’t score a run and Martinez wound up giving up a hit in the 10th. It’s not considered a no-hitter."

ya, but so what? everyone's got an opinion. la russa and girardi are 2 who are calling for it to be overturned. thing is, its not like he can't do it, he has that "good of the game" God claus as commish - he chooses not to, and that's fine. down the road someone else might choose to change it back, and i think that'd be pretty fucking cool. either way, chances are jason donald doesn't lose the batting title because of it, so whatever, its ceremonial at this point. anyone with eyes and sense knows what it was.