Jambands.ca

Fun guitar for G n' R fans

Pablo Sanchez

Thought I'd share this here because I know there are many a Slash fan on this board.

Just got this Appetite for Destruction Les Paul replica. Its a replica of Slash's Appetite era Les Paul. 100 made by Gibson, this is #79. Signed and played my the man himself.

313-1.jpg

more here

I've been reading Slash's bio titled "Slash" and engulfing myself in any media I can find to enhance the experience. What I realized was that I want to have that there.

I had a les paul...my first guitar, but it was a loaner, and I was told that I could keep it. The thing is, the guy didn't know it was a les paul, but my music teacher (who was a guitar player) recognized it as a les paul. It was re-painted so the headstock didn't have the logo....but he knew.

Still, I gave it back. Who knows what happened to it? I haven't played one since, and all I could do back then was butcher the Get Back solo.

so....where do I send my $800 ?

(depreciated due to the Velvet lick)

• 3 weeks later...
Did Lauzon's get another one? The first was priced $15,000... .this one is $6100 and seems to be in a run of 300. What's the deal? Is gibson just going to keep making limited runs, and then less limited runs? What's the difference between this one and the other that was in the lot of 100?

There were three runs. 1st, gibson usa, assembly line 600 pieces $2700.00 selling price. Second custom shop versions... 300 pieces VOS (vintage original spec is the term) which I have one of for $6100.00 and then the aged, played and signed version for $15000.00 which I had but is sold.

you can check it all out on my website:

www.lauzonmusic.com

Edited by Guest

The difference between the vos and aged is the wear on the guitar to match the original, and the played and signed factor. Funny the $15,000.00 one sold before the less expensive version. But the future value I'm sure impacts that factor.

This is what I was wondering. So basically they are producing collectors items, not really different guitars. "Played and signed" more than doubled the price. incredible.

You can't find a Slash autograph anywhere for $9000 except on a guitar.

The difference between the vos and aged is the wear on the guitar to match the original' date=' and the played and signed factor. Funny the $15,000.00 one sold before the less expensive version. But the future value I'm sure impacts that factor.[/quote']

This is what I was wondering. So basically they are producing collectors items, not really different guitars. "Played and signed" more than doubled the price. incredible.

You can't find a Slash autograph anywhere for $9000 except on a guitar.

You are correct, but as with all things collectible, something that has paperwork, is limited production, and official will always have more value.

Another part of the cost involved is the aging process to make the guitars look exactly like the original with all the same wear. This aging process, is kinda crazy, but its definitely an art form. and its kinda crazy.

The guy who does it for Gibson is Tom Murphy, you can hear a bit about what he does here:

Anyone want to see Slash in Belleville?

From

http://www.jambase.com/Artists/53319/Slash/Shows

09/09/10 Thu / Caesars Windsor / East Windsor, ON

09/10/10 Fri / Kool Haus/ Toronto, ON

09/11/10 Sat / The Empire Theatre / Belleville, ON

I think the Windsor show is with Billy Idol. According to a jambase article

The backing band features Todd Kerns (bass), Bobby Schneck (rhythm guitar), Brent Fitz (drums), and vocalist Myles Kennedy (of Alter Bridge).

Fans can expect Slash to perform Velvet Revolver songs, G N' R classics, and even a few choice Slash's Snakepit tunes.

Aloha,

Brad