Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty homoerotic there buddy and I'll take a pass. I'm sure cramming balls down someones throat is all fine and proper on the inbred northern shores of PEI but not around here in the pillar of light and purity that is d'Orleans.

Carey has been painful to watch so far but he brought me a lot of joy during the offseason (and please god, have him flame out in the playoffs). He's still numbero uno but I have been liking Gomez lately.

Guest Low Roller

O'Byrne played his first game as an Avalanche today. He led both teams in ice time with 24:51, hits with 6, blocked shots with 4, and ended a +1 for the night. Good for him.

May he have many purses to steal in Denver.

I am doing everything in my power not to read into those numbers too much but I did like Obyrne and often wondered why he didnt seem to get more of a shot. Yes yes yes, I know. Bonehead penalties from time to time but its not like Spacek or the Hammer dont go to the box seemingly every game for a 'rookiesque' mistake and dont even get me started about Komisarek when he was on the Habs.

Guest Low Roller

Found this info on another site. I thought I would re-post it. Anything to distract myself from the influx of articles on MAB in the french press. Here are the D-Man call-up options from Hamilton. Sadly there isn't another Subban in the pack.

henry16.jpg

Alex Henry

Height 6'6", Weight 230lbs.

Drafted by Edmonton in the 3rd round (67th overall) in 1998

177 games of NHL experience

Waivers Required: Yes, Re-entry Waivers: No

Cap Hit: $512,500

Jacques Martin liked what he saw from Alex Henry in training camp, enough so to keep him right up to the last cut. Henry plays a physical-minded defensive game, and is not known for creating offence. If the team wants a shut-down defender to replace O'Byrne in the line-up, he is the right choice.

weber48.jpg

Yannick Weber

Height 5'11", Weight 196lbs.

Drafted by Montreal in the 3rd round (73rd overall) in 2007

8 games of NHL experience

Waivers Required: No

Cap Hit: $875,000

If the Canadiens are looking for a replacement on the powerplay for Markov they should look towards Weber and forget re-signing Bergeron. Weber is an offensive-minded defenceman who sacrificed stats last season under coach Boucher to work solely on his defensive play. The result this year is a more complete two-way defenceman.

carle47.jpg

Mathieu Carle

Height 6'0"", Weight 203lbs.

Drafted by Montreal in the 2nd round (53rd overall) in 2006

3 games of NHL experience

Waivers Required: Yes Re-entry Waivers: No

Cap Hit: $660,000

This year is truly do or die for Carle. The oft-injured defenceman is in his fourth professional year with Hamilton and has yet to make the big impression. He does not excel in any particular category, and seems to be a well-rounded average defenceman. Steady but unspectacular in his end, with steady but unspectacular stats, he might be the right guy to have around as a spare 7th d-man.

Guest Low Roller

I'm waiting for the official statement before I start to make comments on Markov.

O'Byrne played another solid game for the Avs last night playing 20 minutes, +3 rating, had a fight, and an assist against the Blues. He's truly found his game in Colorado. The guy we got in return, Michael Bournival, is apparently a home run prospect from everything I'm reading. Still, the timing of the move and the Markov injury is just unlucky for Gauthier.