Jambands.ca

Fantasy Hockey '11 - Game On!

Hal Johnson

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice that modern technology has given us so many new ways to be douchebags.

But seriously Hal, in the past you've put any dispute up for public vote and gone with the majority. It's your pool, do whatever you want, but you need to upfront and clear about how things are going to work -

Is everything up for public vote or do you make the rules?

It's nice that modern technology has given us so many new ways to be douchebags.

But seriously Hal, in the past you've put any dispute up for public vote and gone with the majority. It's your pool, do whatever you want, but you need to upfront and clear about how things are going to work -

Is everything up for public vote or do you make the rules?

I agree... you don't offer to put something up for a vote and then pick what you want anyway. This league is off to a roaring start :)

From everything said in here, this is the only 'somewhat logical argument' that Hal understood:
hits are a bullshit homer stat. thats why they should be nowhere near fantasy hockey.

I'm not even going to bother quoting what was said right from the start. It's all there for you to read.

Its a better argument than "it makes it too realistic"

oh snap! You guys sure do know soooo much about hockey!

Someone else somewhere said, hey you know what, defense is a big part of hockey too, wouldn't it be fun if there was some way you could put a value on it for fantasy hockey purposes?

Obviously Robidas should be drafted later when all the scoring categories are offensive. Duh.

Hilariously enough, this guy ranked both our subjects as overrated in offense only leagues:

Jonathan Toews CHI

Despite having an incredible year, winning the Gold medal and being named top forward, followed by winning the Cup and the Conn Smythe, when it comes to fantasy hockey, don't let all that hardware blind you. In 3 NHL seasons so far, he has yet to reach 35 goals or 70 points. It's no knock on him as a player, he's clearly one of the best in the game, but unfortunately, responsible 2-way play isn't a stat in the fantasy world. Let someone else overpay for him in the first couple of rounds.

Defense

Stephane Robidas DAL

After nearly a decade of fantasy obscurity, Stephane Robidas stormed to a 10-goal, 41 point performance, ranking him in the top 10 in terms of fantasy points last year. Prior to last season, his cap was 26 points. If you're drafting purely on last year's numbers, you'll surely be overrating Robidas and will likely be disappointed when he doesn't get back to 40 this year. Let someone else make that mistake and look for someone with more upside.

Edited by Guest

So anyway, draft is TOMORROW NIGHT fockers, hope you've all done your homework! I've gotten over the previous drama and now I'm excited to make up for my crappy football showing thus far.

A couple of things, too:

1) I had this idea, which I know you guys will hate, but Im gonna run it by you anyway: How about this years final standings dictates draft order for next year? So, if say, Choke-Towns finishes first, he gets first pick next year. I've thought this over and I can't see any reason that this would upset someone, but Im sure it will, so let me know please.

(I'd say lets put it to a vote, but less than half of the group seems to respond to those things in the first place (which renders the voting useless, ahem, everyone that was against my stat changes ;)), so I will just have to make the decision based on general comments I guess)

2) We have to decide how trades will work. The easiest way, IMO, is to just let every trade go through, no matter how we feel about it. Hopefully, by having this years standings dictate next years draft order, the trades will police themselves.

Well?