Jambands.ca

Jason Collett Solo & A Fundraiser in support of Leukemia Research

shitidiot

I'm pleased to invite you all to a night of good music in support of a good cause.

Jason Collett is returning to Grey County to entertain us with a night of music from one of Canada's best Troubadours. After moving away for the area in the mid 90's Jason has earned a stellar reputation as a brilliant singer songwriter.

Joining the bill is local superstar Charles Glasspool. Mr Glasspool has wowed crowds all over the world w...ith many of his creative outputs including The Sliverhearts, Burton Glasspool Overdrive and the local Grey County group Big Love.

Now joining the bill is Serena Jean Southam. The New York City songstress melt hearts then fills them with joy with her mix of alt-country originals. Her music has rich textures and explores the many road that life has taken her.

The night is also about raising money in support of Leukemia Research. We will be having a silent auction with lots of interesting stuff. Items for auction will listed here after all donations are collected. Also, there will be a donation box for anonymous donations if you wish too help out that way.

If you want to volunteer please contact me eric.i.robertson@gmail.com

Doors @ 7:30pm

Show start @ 8:00pm

This is a licensed event.

jcundressedtourposter.jpg

Edited by Guest

Who said I wouldn't make my way to K-dub? Maybe I was even willing to pick your sorry butt up? ;) And Christ I've got to be worth a couple bucks don't you think? ;)

I may be able to scrounge up a prize...perhaps a piece of pottery or something?

We'll get back to you on this...

Who said I wouldn't make my way to K-dub? Maybe I was even willing to pick your sorry butt up? ;) And Christ I've got to be worth a couple bucks don't you think? ;)

I may be able to scrounge up a prize...perhaps a piece of pottery or something?

We'll get back to you on this...

I have the sorriest butt around.....and do not count on my sense of direction....it goes east only :S

I can probably get some cool prizes from work - tc helicon pedals or something. Also if you need help doing sound/setup/teardown/stage managing/what-have-you just lemme know! Recording it?

i could totally use some help with sound. Thanks so much. I also think it's an awesome idea to record... could you do that? Do you have any PA equipment?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JASON COLLETT ENDS HIS UNDRESSED TOUR WITH A FUNDRAISER SHOW FOR

LEUKEMIA RESEARCH IN PRICEVILLE!

Markdale, ON – Jason Collett, one of Canada’s best troubadours ends much anticipated solo tour The Undressed Tour in Grey County at Stothart Hall in Priceville. Collett will be sharing songs from his 2010 Polaris Nominated new album Rat A Tat Tat (Arts & Crafts) while also bringing awareness to Leukemia. Joining the bill is local superstar Charles Glasspool (The Silverhearts, Burton Glasspool Overdrive and the local Grey Country group The Big Love) and New York City’s songstress Serena Jean Southam. The fundraiser will also consist of a silent auction commencing when doors open until the end of the night.

Eric Robertson, a Markdale local and founder of the event shares his closeness to the fundraiser. “I personally wanted to bring some good music to the area and thought it would be a good chance to raise some money for a charity. I choose Leukemia Lymphoma Society because my brother died from Leukemia early this year and while he was sick I got a firsthand look at how research affects people living with blood cancer.†states Robertson, “Every little bit that can be done to help goes a long way and if one person can benefit from our help it would mean a lot to me and the memory of my brother.â€

Collett also has a personal connection to this event. "It's an honor for me to be involved in this event because Jesse Robertson was a beautiful and much loved part of my musical community. I've slept on his couch while on tour and am lucky to have received his family's fine hospitality. My life is that much more blessed for having known the aptly nick-named man called, ‘Big Friendly’.†- Jason Collett

After moving away from the area in the mid 90’s Jason Collett has earned a stellar reputation as a brilliant singer and songwriter. Most indie-rockers know Collett for his work as a member of the notorious Canadian band Broken Social Scene but since 2005 Collett has been pursuing his solo career playing soft seat theatres across the country. Collett’s fourth coming album, Rat A Tat Tat received rave reviews and a nomination at the 2010 Polaris Awards. “Collett delivers a solid album that moves with confidence between breezy pop-rock and more pensive, artier endeavors.†Pitchfork

Charlie Glasspool sings and plays piano and trumpet in several groups. He has become a fixture in the criminally-under-the-radar Peterborough arts scene, although he has been spotted lurking around darkened corners in Montreal and Toronto and Owen Sound of late. He has performed at festivals across Canada including the Winnipeg Folk Festival, the Calgary Folk Festival, the Vancouver Folk Festival and Mariposa to name a few. Glasspool has composed music for theatre, modern dance pieces and film and has also co-wrote (with old friend and fellow county boy Dan Walmsely) the critically acclaimed play "County Boy" about growing up in picturesque and intoxicating Grey County.

With the release of her debut album Town & Country, Serena Jean Southam reaffirms her position at the forefront of the American roots music scene, where she has become one of the performers most popular with New York City audiences and most admired by her fellow musicians. Serena Jean sings lead vocals, plays acoustic guitar, and composed all of the album's eleven songs, with the exception of "Voodoo Woman", written by the late great Chicago blues woman Koko Taylor. A stylistically diverse album, rich in sonic textures, Town & Country was produced by Jimi Zhivago, a member of the acclaimed roots-rock band Ollabelle, and recorded at the legendary Magic Shop in New York City.

All proceeds will be donated to the Leukemia Lymphoma Society in memory of Jesse Robertson.

WHO: Jason Collett, Charles Glasspool & Serena Jean Southam

WHAT: Fundraising event for Leukemia research which includes live performances and a silent auction.

WHEN: Saturday, December 4th, 2010 – DOORS 7:30 p.m. SHOW 8:00 p.m.

WHERE: Stothart Hall, 104 Kinross Street, Priceville, Ontario.

TICKETS: $15 in advance. $20 at the door.

*Tickets are available at the following locations:

RE/MAX Office, 1 Toronto Rd., Flesherton, ON

The Chicory Common, 110 Garafraxa N, Durham, ON

or by email at greycountyconcerts@gmail.com and by calling 226-668-7420

LINKS: www.myspace.com/serenajeanmusic

www.myspace.com/hotbutteredcharlie

www.myspace.com/charlesglasspoolandthebiglove

www.myspace.com/bgoverdrive