Jambands.ca

Phish Vid NYE : Meatstick >ALS

Marcust99

I heard that a girl I went to high school who is now a NYC actress performed with Phish last night. I thought this was crazy. Sure enough, 13:26 in the video, she's in purple dancing and singing on stage. So strange. But awesome.

What a stellar night that was. My first Phish NYE experience, and was given a pair of tickets by a very generous friend (who was in Jamaica at the time) the afternoon of the show. Sort of a long story there.

Ran into Velvet before the show at a bar near the venue. Had never met him before but recognized his googly eyes vest from his Festival 8 pics. Hilarious.

As for the concert itself, I could not fathom having more fun at a show. Was it a top-notch show musically-speaking? No, but since I don't go to shows with a stopwatch and a clipboard, I couldn't care less. Pumpin' energy all night long, and some midnight theatrics that were out-of-control.

Back in Yellowknife now and still grinning, with Meatstick not having left my head for three days.

Awesome pics!

Was that a friendly face holding up the Canadian flag at 7:42 of the video Kev posted?

that's my good buddy david casey, who is ocelot on here. He was their with , northerwish. Second damn row, jealous of those guys. all the streams can be downloaded on demonoid.me. i have invitation requests to demonoid if anyone needs one. cheers. Rob

Awesome pics!

Was that a friendly face holding up the Canadian flag at 7:42 of the video Kev posted?

that's my good buddy david casey' date=' who is ocelot on here. He was their with , northerwish. Second damn row, jealous of those guys. [/quote']

That flag travels everywhere with Dave, not to mention his Canadian Phish Flag cape:

36247_10150369938220203_685660202_16377074_243627_n.jpg

The mountie at midnight was happy as shit to see it as evidenced by his fist pumps in our direction.

We stubbed Freeker down with us well before the show started and Rustle and his wonderful girl Erin were happy to share their aisle space so we could all fit in down there.

Anyone know Russ' last name and if he is on facebook? Got some great pics of him too.....

What a night, hell what year and what a great way to end '10 and usher in 2011.

Thanks to Dave for the amazing seats, dream come true brother!! Thanks to Rustle and Erin, great to meet you guys and thanks for letting me crash the row, special thanks to our own private security guard who made sure the aisle was clear for me at all times.

And special thanks to Jodie and Sean, you guys are the best tour partners of all time! On point, on time, no drama and a big ol bag of tour tricks to make everything easier. Love you both!

I SAW FISHMAN'S BALLS!!

And special thanks to Jodie and Sean, you guys are the best tour partners of all time! On point, on time, no drama and a big ol bag of tour tricks to make everything easier. Love you both!

Aww shucks- you too bro!

special thanks to our own private security guard who made sure the aisle was clear for me at all times.

His name was Frank G. and one of the highlights of our whole run. The man kept the aisle clear, never asked for Freekers stub once, allowed us to smoke discretely and provided one of the best memories I have of the balloon drop when after motioning to Frank if I could light a smoke to pop some balloons so we could move and at first he nodded "No", then a minute later he is seating in his chair and LITERALLY up to his neck in balloons he gave me the "Light er up, thumbs up!". Infact he gave us thumbs up all night long:

162823_10150369937380203_685660202_16377050_5982887_n.jpg