Jambands.ca

NFL Playoff Pool Predictions

badams

I'm mildly surprised how many people are going with Seattle.

Im going with them because I love Bill Simmons' playoff prediction theories:

from: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnfl2010/playoffs/round2&sportCat=nfl

"Nobody believes in us," "When in doubt, check the coaching matchups," "Before you make a decision, take one last look at the quarterbacks" and "Beware of the easy two-team teaser on the same day" for Seattle; "Beware of teams that looked a little too good in Round 1" and "Don't pick an underdog unless you think it can win" for Chicago. I think the Seahawks can win. We all we got? We all we need. Say no more.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Ravens-Steelers game was so fuckinggood goddammit. I feel envious of anyone who smoked dope and watched that game from start to finish.

I didnt see a complete live play of the GB-ATL game. The game was flipped to a few times but a soon as I saw the first score I was done. It never got better.

Anyways.....I didnt offer todays choices on time because I was sans internet once I realized I hadnt but they were:

Baltimore

Atlanta

My next two are:

NYJ

CHI

Maybe we should open a Green Bay/Atlanta thread in the main forum and see if we can reach consensus on whether or not, in this day and age, one team should be allowed to asswhip another team like that.

Rodgers shredded that team, maybe there's a reason I couldn't name a single Falcon defensive player (and I still can't).

Disappointed the Ravens couldn't hang on.

NE is completely out of synch and shitting the bed. Brady throws a pick initial drive, they drop a touchdown and they blow a fake punt. Just terrible. Patriots are playing the exact way they had to to let the Jets win this. Groan, this could get ugly.

edit: Damn, Jets got that in fairly easily and the Patriots follow that up with an after the whistle personal foul to kill any hope of going into the locker room with the slightest bit of momentum.

Ollie’d (you fucker)

Well I have to give credit where credit is due, the Jets secondary was unbelievable, their pass rushers were effective and the o-line made Sanchez’ day a lot easier than it should have been.

Christ!!! Steelers, Jets, Bears and Packers advance. Hate to say it but I’m pulling for the Pack but only for lack of a better choice. Maybe Rodgers will get killed on the final play of game as he throws the game winning TD over Revis (or Polamalu).

ROUND 1

Davey Boy 3-1

Badams 2-2

Northern Wish 2-2

peipunk 2-2

Booche 2-2

Sloth 2-2

POG 2-2

Schwa 1-3

Ollie 1-3

Hal Johnson 0-4

ROUND 2

Sloth 3-1

Northern Wish 3-1

peipunk 2-2

booche 2-2

Schwa 2-2

Ollie 1-3

Hal 1-3

badams 1-3

POG 0-4

Overall:

Sloth 5-3

Northern Wish 5-3

peipunk 4-4

booche 4-4

badams 3-5

Schwa 3-5

Ollie 2-6

POG 2-6

Hal 1-7

Your powers may well indeed be marketable Ollie.

• 2 weeks later...