Jambands.ca

Good thing we didnt have a Juniors thread this year

Hal Johnson

Russian takeover in the 3rd. That was truly amazing (albeit for the wrong team). Changing their goalie for the 3rd too ... what a difference.

Well done Canada. Come back and win it next year. At least you got back at the US for taking it last year ;) Don't forget what happened tonight.

Congrats Russia. Comeback kids is right (come from behind wins against Fin Swe Can!!!!!!!)

Guest Low Roller

CHEEKTOWAGA, NY - Team Russia is now spending more time in Buffalo after being kicked off their flight early Thursday morning for being drunk. The team is now sobering up at the Days Hotel while they make new flight arrangements.

According to police, the players were thrown off of a Delta flight scheduled to leave Buffalo-Niagara International Airport because members of the team were intoxicated.

Team members were shuttled to the Days Hotel on Genesee Street to sober up area after their flight took off.

110106082950_team%20russia.JPG

Edited by Low Roller

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. -- An unruly Team Russia was booted from a flight at the Buffalo airport while trying to get home after winning the gold medal at the world junior hockey championships.

Airport spokesman C. Douglas Hartmayer says all 32 or so members of the Russian contingent were asked to get off a Delta flight headed to Atlanta after boarding for takeoff early Thursday morning.

Hartmayer says the group then left the terminal but didn't know where it went.

Tournament officials had no immediate comment. A call to a Delta spokeswoman wasn't immediately returned.

Russia overcame a three-goal deficit in the third period to stun Canada 5-3 in the gold-medal game Wednesday night.

Most pathetic effort I've ever seen. Fuck all of this "nice effort" bullshit. They died. Completely gave up. And fuck all this "skilled Russian team" bullshit. Canada had them dominated from the get-go.

Russia didn't win this game, Canada lost it. I'd be some kind of embarrassed if I were on that team.

I say don't let those Canadian kids back across the border. Send them over with the Russians and on the way drop them off in Siberia. A couple of months of hard labour will teach them to work hard for all three periods.

FUCK!!! they ruined my entire holiday season!!!

Atta boy schwa. Call it like it is.

And they certianly did NOT look like the Americans did when they faced one another in the Semi's. That's utter stupidity. Canada did not play tight from the start. They were pressuring and on the puck, taking away Russia's space as much as they could. And fuck all this "D across the board was terrible" nonsense. Did you even watch the first two periods Jaimoe?

From my perspective, they looked completely gassed towards the end of the 2nd which carried into the third. Maybe they pressured too hard too early? I dont know but the legs werent there in the final frame as much as they had been.

Looks like you're finally buying into the hype. ;)

This should be a 4 team tournament. It is a darling of the Canadian media and overhyped.
Wave the flag all you want this tournament is just there to soothe the Canadian ego for hockey... enjoy!

From my perspective, they looked completely gassed towards the end of the 2nd which carried into the third. Maybe they pressured too hard too early? I dont know but the legs werent there in the final frame as much as they had been.

Maybe the Canadians starting drinking too early?

Looks like you're finally buying into the hype. ;)

This should be a 4 team tournament. It is a darling of the Canadian media and overhyped.
Wave the flag all you want this tournament is just there to soothe the Canadian ego for hockey... enjoy!

That should be in purple. My views on this tournament still stand :)

One thing I noticed this year Badams, which certainly allwoed me to enjoy the tournament for the first time in years, is that the TSN Hype Machine was running on overdrive from October on. For the Worlds Jr's they were relatively tame this year leading up to it. Kudos to them for not shoving it down our throats every 22 minutes for 2 months.

Russia didn't win this game, Canada lost it. I'd be some kind of embarrassed if I were on that team.

Disagree. Russia came back three times this tournament. To say they didnt deserve it, or that it was all Canada's doing is absurd. Did you see the tying goal? It was beautiful. Sure Canada was sloppy at times, but Russia burried their chances and that's something.

Edited by Guest
department of redundancy department

Russia didn't win this game' date=' Canada lost it. I'd be some kind of embarrassed if I were on that team.[/quote']

Disagree. Russia came back three times this tournament. To say they didnt deserve it, or that it was all Canada's doing is absurd. Did you see the tying goal? It was beautiful. Sure Canada was sloppy at times, but Russia burried their chances and that's something.

I'm with Hal on this one.

That, plus the goalie change.