Jambands.ca

2011 Telluride Bluegrass Lineup

Esau.

http://www.bluegrass.com/telluride/

2011 Telluride Bluegrass Lineup

We're excited to announce the 38th Annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival lineup...

Robert Plant & Band of Joy

Telluride House Band featuring Sam, Béla, Jerry, Edgar, Bryan & Stuart

Sarah McLachlan

Sam Bush Band

Emmylou Harris

Béla Fleck & the Original Flecktones

Yonder Mountain String Band

Mumford & Sons

The Decemberists

Steve Earle & the Dukes

Tim O'Brien Band

Old Crow Medicine Show

Railroad Earth

Edgar Meyer

Punch Brothers

Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band

Emmitt-Nershi Band

Tim O'Brien & Kevin Burke

Abigail Washburn

The Infamous Stringdusters

Trampled by Turtles

Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper

Cornmeal

The Head and The Heart

Nora Jane Struthers & the Bootleggers

And more still to be announced...

That lineup is as awesome as it is predictable, although it's nice to see some young blood (Mumford, Old Crow, Punch Brothers, etc.) in there with the old guard. Would love to see the Avett Brothers and Greensky Bluegrass added.

Well I don't know enough about the festival to know how predictable the line-up is, but it looks absolutely fantastic to my eyes...

really wanna make it this year. Schwa' date=' maybe you should plan your visit for this weekend...[/quote']

The lineup is fucking stellar!!!! alas, that is the weekend of Tottenham Bluegrass Fest for us here.

Hmmmmm I wonder which one would kick more ass? Hmmmmm...

exactly!

Edited by Guest

that's not the issue. Tottenham is and hour and 20 minutes from my house and will be attended by dozens of close friends and doesn't require spending 400$ on a plane ticket. I'd love to visit my friends out in CO but it ain't happening that weekend.

I'm also having my rubber arm twisted to attend Del Fest out in Maryland this Memorial Day Weekend as well. So I'll be seeing, essentially, the same lineup as Telluride if I attend Del Fest.

Epic'd.

yeah i don't know any of the artists listed in the Tottenham thread...however it would still be fun - as you mentioned, price, proximity, friends!

Telly is pretty hard to get to, but awesome once you do. the town is just taken over by the fest. definitely something to check out at least once!

that's not the issue.

I'm not sure if that part was in reference to my reply, if it wasn't, my apology's. That issue was referring to me.

I would love to attend Telluride again. But financially I just wouldn't be able afford it. Plain and simple. Tottenham's line up may not be on par with Telluride's, but I know it's still a solid line up (as I know you know) and will without a doubt be a blast. No regrets.

That lineup is as awesome as it is predictable' date=' although it's nice to see some young blood (Mumford, Old Crow, Punch Brothers, etc.) in there with the old guard. Would love to see the Avett Brothers and Greensky Bluegrass added.[/quote']

Well I don't know enough about the festival to know how predictable the line-up is, but it looks absolutely fantastic to my eyes...

There are a few artists on there who are perennials: Béla Fleck (though not the original Flecktones), Sam Bush, YMSB, Emmylou Harris and Jerry Douglas, to name a few. But like I said, doesn't make it any less incredible.

Edited by Guest

Telluride line-up = HOLY FUCK!

Sarah McLachlan is a weird choice.....but they seem to have a couple of headscratchers each year.

edit to add: how far is it from your place Karin?

about 5-6 hours, not too bad and it's a very scenic ride. There's a great little camp area up a 2 track fire road just south of telluride that james and I camped at last year called alta lakes. you camp up at 2 little alpine lakes (ponds, really) at about 11000' Here's a pic we took from that spot there last summer.

37489_10150239497240122_867525121_13945234_6446810_n.jpg

That lineup is as awesome as it is predictable' date=' although it's nice to see some young blood (Mumford, Old Crow, Punch Brothers, etc.) in there with the old guard. Would love to see the Avett Brothers and Greensky Bluegrass added.[/quote']

There are a few artists on there who are perennials: Béla Fleck (though not the original Flecktones), Sam Bush, YMSB, Emmylou Harris and Jerry Douglas, to name a few. But like I said, doesn't make it any less incredible.

Awesome. Yeah I was quoting you cause I agreed with everything you said (minus my lack of knowledge about the potential predictability, which by the way sounds like some damn fine staples).

And Karin, that picture is breathtaking.

I don't not want to be where you took that pic!

But I'm in the schwa fan club.....so i'm going to follow him to tottenham.

Hope you and James make it this year.....we'll get there someday!

ya know what's funny? is kinda wanna join the schwa fan club to tottenham... but doubt i can swing it. :thumbdown:

you guys should just frame a picture of me and take it to all the parties, so that i can be there, too. I'll even let ya do lines off my face! in fact, i'd prefer it if you did!

Edited by Guest