Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go 2011

Schwa.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news, great to see the Jays bats wake up the past two games, feels like the might have come out of the funk they have been in since the 7 run debacle in Seattle. Now if they could just SPEAD A FEW OF THESE RUNS AROUND A BIT they would have won a few more games against the Rays and Red Sox.

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to find a Dodgers Cubs game a few weekends ago because it was the only sports on in the afternoon one day and for the life of me I could not find a single link anywhere. I was slightly drunk but I don't think that had anything to do with it. I'm pretty good at stuff slightly drunk.

Loving this streak. Maybe after starting amazingly hot the past couple years and then shitting the bed, our luck might change a bit. Our pitching has still been a bit shaky, but the offense is on fire, hopefully Lind comes back and picks up where he left off.

Has MLB really cracked down on any streaming? I have resorted to watching ESPN Gamecast updates on my phone while I read in bed.

The starters are finally getting more quality starts and logging more innings lately, which is helping the bullpen (they have been good to great so far this season... except for Dotel).

I'd love to see the batting order healthy and hitting to their potential from top-to-bottom. Bautista's production is even more impressive given Lind's recent setback and sketchy batting from most of the lineup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

16-4 yesturday. Wow what a shit show. McCoy pitching in the 9th was the only highlight if you can call it that.

Today however the Jays will have a couple hired guns rooting for them from section 114. Hell maybe they will even let me pitch in the 9th if they have a healthy lead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays are giving Roberto Alomar their highest honour.

The club says it will retire the former second baseman's No. 12 at a ceremony before the team's July 31 home game with the Texas Rangers.

It will be the first time the Blue Jays have retired a number worn by one of the team's players in the club's 35-year history.

Jackie Robinson's number 42 was retired by Major League Baseball in 1997.

Team president and CEO Paul Beeston says Alomar is "arguably the best second baseman of all time."

Alomar and former Blue Jays general manager Pat Gillick will be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame on July 24.

These are truly the dog days of summer, first posts in here in 9 days.

Not much has happened in sports that anyone cares about in here I guess. For one thing, I thought Jeter's 3000th hit was a sham for baseball, the guy was tossing him 78 mile an hour cupcakes.

I watched some of 'The Open' on the weekend and was impressed by the play in the crazy weather.

I'll leave the woman's soccer talk to Davey Boy.