Jambands.ca

NBA playoffs

peipunk

Exactly, Chicago getting out of the east. Lebron over-achieves according to their expectations by just getting to the final, then chokes, according to their expectations, by losing. After game 1 everyone and their mother had Miami easily winning the series. No one gave Dallas any credit whatsoever. Even now, its Dirks great, Lebron choked. End of story.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooooooooor the Heat galvinize during the playoffs, crush the fucking Bulls like paper cups with Lebron doing it on both ends and are poised to roll over Dallas, an older, slower team that has a huge reputation for not getting it done annnnnnnnnnd choked.

How many games did you watch again?

Did you see Wade standing in front of the Mavs bench holding his shooting hand up? Did you see them choke a 15 point late 4th quarter lead?

Almost every game but game 6 the Heat choked, and I mean choked, a late lead away and Lebron was afraid to take open shots. Christ last night in the 4th he passed to Juwan Howard instead of shooting, twice. Juwan Howard! Twice!

At least you got the impression A-rod was swinging hard.

Even now, its Dirks great, Lebron choked.

And if you had watched you'd know why.

Oh sloth, it's been so long since we last chatted. Im not even sure what were arguing about. I was talking about how the Media flip flops and makes dumb predictions...and yes how no one gave the Mavs a fighting chance. They have Dirk freaking Nowitzki. Don't need to watch many games to know he's one of the best players in the world. Lord knows I watch enough sportdesk to be able to make that statement. They had a good run on their end too - played in a stronger conference as well. Couple that with some wiley veterans and hell ya, give them a shot at it. Im not sayign the Heat didn't choke either, but they are making a HUGE deal about Lebron. He still has many years left, he'll bounce back, I think. That's all.

You've definitely confused me but you've also killed almost an hour of my day so that's well worth it. We'll let the internet archaeologists of 3100AD sort it out.

I was kind of hoping you'd go with a whole "LeBron didn't choke argument" because that'd kill the rest of the day.

Either way I'm glad the expirement failed, for now. And really I more glad Dirk finally got his ring. Same with Kidd. And Terry. To a lesser extent Marion who's pretty hilarious to watch.

Oh sloth, it's been so long since we last chatted. Im not even sure what were arguing about. I was talking about how the Media flip flops and makes dumb predictions...and yes how no one gave the Mavs a fighting chance. They have Dirk freaking Nowitzki. Don't need to watch many games to know he's one of the best players in the world. Lord knows I watch enough sportdesk to be able to make that statement. They had a good run on their end too - played in a stronger conference as well. Couple that with some wiley veterans and hell ya, give them a shot at it. Im not sayign the Heat didn't choke either, but they are making a HUGE deal about Lebron. He still has many years left, he'll bounce back, I think. That's all.

You forgot that Jason Terry had God on his side.

Guest Low Roller

I'm with Booche on this one. I could care less about the NBA, but I watched last night's game just to see Lebron lose. First NBA game I have watched in its entirety, well, ever. There is something so pure about watching people with large egos fail.

Birdman loses $2 mill on Lebron James

Because he definitely did not lose it on Chris Bosh or Dwayne Wade. Earlier this month, Birdman, notorious bettor, waged a cool two million bucks on the Miami Heat to win the NBA finals. Last night the Heat lost to the Mavs in game six, their star LeBron puttering around the court helplessly. That is, when he wasn’t benched. But maybe more of a factor in the Finals was not LeBron’s absence, but gigantic German Dirk Nowitzki’s presence. That is certainly what Birdman was paying attention to last night from his courtside seats. Moments before the game officially ended and the Mavs won their first title ever, Dirk walked off the court to have a serene moment. In his path, past naysayers and well-wishers, he breezes by an agape Birdman, who turns around to watch the MVP leave. And he watches him for four excruciating seconds. What could he have been thinking about? His money? Dirk’s undeniable grace and skill? The strange shape of Chris Bosh’s head? Birdman’s 1000-yard stare starts at five seconds in on the above video. Someone make this into an animated gif.

Video to follow.....Birdman is in a red hat and shirt at the 5 second mark.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...