Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 11/12

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Ok, the dust is starting to settle on this trade.

First of all I would to call bullshit on Gauthier for a couple of statements:

"This trade has been in the works for a month"

Bullshit. The comments Cammalleri made turned him into a useful scapegoat in a series of scapegoats as Gauthier tries to save his job yet again.

"I've now realized that this team needs to get bigger"

Bullshit. You realized that last year, and that's why you got Cole in the off-season.

Excluding all the other factors, looking at getting Bourque for Cammalleri:

Pros:

- $3M reduction in salary cap

- bigger, tougher player who can stand in the crease and take abuse

- Same goal-scoring pace

Cons:

- Longer contract

- Lower offensive potential

- Known for disappearing for stretches apparently

- At least one GM said that he was unaware that Squid was on the block, because he would have made an offer. Gauthier did not do his due diligence.

- Repeat offender currently serving a suspension (one more game)

Remainder of deal:

Obtained Patrick Holland and a 2nd round pick for rights to Karri Ramo and a 5th round pick.

Pros:

- Obtained a player with third line potential for a player who openly said that he wouldn't sign with the Habs.

- 2nd round pick for a 5th is a no brainer.

Cons:

- Glut of RW prospects, did not address weakness on LW.

- No viable goalie prospect who can take over for Carey Price in entire organization.

My take? The shock has worn off, Gauthier has taken on yet another long-term contract, but this team wasn't winning before, so a shake up might be able to help. Bourque will not solve the problems, but he may give the team some options that they didn't have before, including clogging up the crease on more than one shift.

Now let's get Gomez to spout off to the media about something, and I will be a happy man.

Guest Low Roller

What would the Canadiens have done if Cammalleri scored three goals during the first two periods?

And why would a team in desperate need of points and very much in the thick of a 1-0 game reduce its roster to 10 forwards for the final 20 minutes?

General manager Pierre Gauthier was not around the Brossard practice facility Friday to answer these questions. And the coach danced around them, saying his third-period focus was on “trying to get line combinations back together and get the game under control.â€

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Montreal+Canadiens+Players+resigned+more+moves/5994669/story.html#ixzz1jSI7v6O2

Guest Low Roller

I may be Saturday afternoon drunk, but I am so fucking tired with all the negativity surrounding this team right now. Negativity feeds negativity, nothing more. This team will not improve via negativity. Nothing ever does. Everyone should quit bitching over Gauthier, quit bitching over Martin's firing, quit bitching about the Cammalleri trade, and quit bitching about the Kaberle pick-up. This includes me. I am so fucking tired of this season's bad karma. This team will do what it can with what it has been given.

I love this team, the logo, the emblem, the meaning of the team. I want them to be a winner. But I will cheer for them if they are losing. These are dark times, but we shouldn't let that take away from the fact that we are fans of the greatest sports franchise in Canada, and possibly North America (Yankees and Red Sox can make a case).

People don't like Montreal because we know another language besides English, are proud of our extensive history, and sing during a game. Is that a reason to be hated? Who fucking cares. I will sing. I will speak French. I will cheer for this team!

This rant has been brought to you by

250px-Crown_Royal_Logo.jpg

I may be Saturday afternoon drunk, but I am so fucking tired with all the negativity surrounding this team right now. Negativity feeds negativity, nothing more. This team will not improve via negativity. Nothing ever does. Everyone should quit bitching over Gauthier, quit bitching over Martin's firing, quit bitching about the Cammalleri trade, and quit bitching about the Kaberle pick-up. This includes me. I am so fucking tired of this season's bad karma. This team will do what it can with what it has been given.

I love this team, the logo, the emblem, the meaning of the team. I want them to be a winner. But I will cheer for them if they are losing. These are dark times, but we shouldn't let that take away from the fact that we are fans of the greatest sports franchise in Canada, and possibly North America (Yankees and Red Sox can make a case).

People don't like Montreal because we know another language besides English, are proud of our extensive history, and sing during a game. Is that a reason to be hated? Who fucking cares. I will sing. I will speak French. I will cheer for this team!

This rant has been brought to you by

250px-Crown_Royal_Logo.jpg

jumper.jpg

Guest Low Roller

Glad that my comments woke this place up, even if it's at my expense. TM's post made me laugh out loud, I don't get Booche's point, and Sloth's response was just lazy, in line with his name.

Cammalleri's goal was a thing of beauty. I'm curious to see what Bourque will bring to this team.

Kaberle in a shoot out was an interesting choice. Best comment I read was "of course Kaberle looked good during shoot outs at practice, he was shooting on Price".

I wonder how Yakupov is in shoot outs?

Edited by Low Roller