Jambands.ca

spam

fluffhead77

temporary damage control. lowroller suggested that to minimize cleanup. I can't think of everything. I've deleted about 1000 accounts that were all spammers. One by frikkin one. I found that Firefox was great for doing it though because I could minimize the amount of clicks, submit the delete form with the enter key (safari forced an extra click) and then I learned that I could close the 20 or so tabs (I did about 20 tabs worth at a time) by right clicking on my search page and "close all other tabs".

Now I have to close the forum down, take a backup while it's much cleaner and then test my delete anonymous posts sql.

likely in the next 15 minutes.

getting there. no new spam should show up. I still need to clean up the 300 or so spam posts but my test query didn't work. Who's good at mysql here? I have a select that pulls them out, but my syntax is f'd for the delete of the same dataset.

also, NO NEW registrations have been logged since the big cleanup and lockdown today. we're getting back our land!

Awesome. Still haven't heard back from the guy about the user group deal, I think he may be on holidays from the sounds of it. But one of the other mods I emailed thinks they did what you were thinking you may have to do about making a new group for existing members then creating a group for new users, but he couldn't confirm. And it was a vBulletin board too.

apparently spam is really popular in okinawa.

true story.

It's massively popular in Korea. People think I'm crazy when I tell them that it is considered the lowest form of food available. On Monday I was at my sister-in-law's place for a big holiday meal. One of the gift bags someone brought her was a giant package of Spam and canned tuna.

Awesome. Still haven't heard back from the guy about the user group deal, I think he may be on holidays from the sounds of it. But one of the other mods I emailed thinks they did what you were thinking you may have to do about making a new group for existing members then creating a group for new users, but he couldn't confirm. And it was a vBulletin board too.

if found some php code that automatically places new registrants into a specific group. I can change that without much effort other than making sure I document it for the day I update the forums...the code will have to change again. I'd rather not do it that way so I may just assign y'all to a new group....yet unnamed but I have one in mind. Rhymes with thanks.