Jambands.ca

Jays / Marlins Trade

badams

Big trade today...

The Toronto Blue Jays may have gotten the pitching help they've been looking for.

According to reports, the Jays have acquired starting pitchers Mark Buehrle and Josh Johnson, as well as shortstop Jose Reyes and catcher John Buck, from the Miami Marlins.

Fox Sports' Jon Morosi also reported that the trade includes outfielder/infielder Emilio Bonifacio.

In exchange, the Marlins receive pitcher Henderson Alvarez, catcher Jeff Mathis and shortstops Yunel Escobar and Adeiny Hechavarria.

Left-handed pitching prospect Justin Nicolino will also be sent to the Marlins in the deal. The Blue Jays are also believed to have sent an outfield prospect to the Marlins.

Jebas, just have to add in one thing here and Ozzie Guillen all off a sudden becomes @theironsheik

jays getting good players play hard whit fun good luck to my boys love thos guys they play hard for me and very profesional, Jeffried Lorria is a piece of shit jabroni like the @zachbraff

Second most wins as a Jays manager though. Maybe we'll see more with a new set of tools in the chest. He's got at least 4 killer runners on the team to execute steals and hit&runs.

Whatever the case, the Jays success is on the players' shoulders. I like the players that we've got now (in terms of potential) than we had a couple of weeks ago ;)

Did you watch Brasil's triumph over Panama last night in the WBC qualifier?! BRASIL!!

Cool your kid plays ball. We're putting in an indoor batting net in the local gym out here. It's rural Nova Scotia, so they don't usually get that sort of thing, and the ballplayers are stoked. I'm really excited about hitting all winter too. I've ordered an indoor pitching mound an L-Screen, and even a softball screen that has a hole just right of centre about waist high so rec leaguers can use it to. Sorry to get off topic, but I'm just really excited about it!

Didn't see Brasil ... will look up highlights, thanks.

Yeah, my son plays AAA Ball in Mississauga. He's been at it 3 years now. Second Baseman and he loves it. My daughter's a goalie, but that didn't stop her playing catch with her trapper before practice started last night:

axQV1.jpg

This is the domed soccer field they'll be at through April.

That's wicked that you got indoor facilities set-up. No need to forget about baseball just because it's winter in Canada, eh? :D

Play Ball!