Jambands.ca

Stones in Brooklyn!

Hartamophone

nice score! we are going too, i am so excited :)

after failing to get tickets to the NJ shows i was determined to get BK tics. so during the BK presale, i had a pair in my ticketmaster cart, and with a minute left on the timer hit "submit order". the next screen said i'd run out of time. then i noticed it said "others may purchase items that are in your cart". WTF! so the timer doesn't matter, you still had to submit the order as quickly as possible or lose them. i was so mad, but kept trying and managed to pull another pair about half an hour later. whew :)

I'm very jealous as well!

Still hoping they'll do a club show in Toronto or do a full tour next year that comes up our way.

From what I've read, a full tour is pretty much a given.

"Without saying yes or nay," Keith Richards said in an interview this week, "once this starts rolling, I can't see it stopping. The band feels good about themselves, they still feel they've got something to offer. Obviously there are a lot of people out there who agree. We'll go along with it."

The prices for some of the packages for the Brooklyn show are insanely high. The cheaper seats were $170 (I think?) which is reasonable but those probably sold out really quick and I betcha there were only a few of those at that price.

I loved the Stones show here in Ottawa at Lansdowne Park (can't remember when that was). We also went to see them in Montreal and that was the most I've ever paid for a show...$300 a ticket! I didn't like that show as much as the Ottawa one. It felt very corporate with too many men in suits around me.

But Keith said they're not doing all this practice just for a few shows...

FBN..there were 5 price points. the 800$ seats did not sell out on pre-sale, in fact i still saw them available last night. so if your buddy was choosing just "Best Available" then he would only be pulling the 800$ seats each time. We had to search by section or price in order to pull cheaper tickets. i would say though that 80% of the venue is the super expensive ones! even seats at the back of the upper level were in the mid to high price point, so i'm not even sure where the cheapest seats could be - i guess obstructed view or behind the stage (though i did pull some behind the stage seats for 800$ each so who knows). anyway, i think the 2 cheapest price points were pretty much impossible to score, maybe there were a couple hundred tickets total.

i ended up getting a pair of the middle price point which came out to about 300$ each.

Anyone want to go to London?

In news that is sure to delight Stones fans everywhere, founding bassist Bill Wyman and former guitarist Mick Taylor have been confirmed as special guests for the London shows on November 25 and 29. This will be the first time they have performed with the band for over 20 years.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/102872/The-Rolling-Stones-New-Video-Bill-Wyman-Mick-Taylor-at-UK-Shows

Aloha,

Brad

Anyone want to go to London?
In news that is sure to delight Stones fans everywhere, founding bassist Bill Wyman and former guitarist Mick Taylor have been confirmed as special guests for the London shows on November 25 and 29. This will be the first time they have performed with the band for over 20 years.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/102872/The-Rolling-Stones-New-Video-Bill-Wyman-Mick-Taylor-at-UK-Shows

Aloha,

Brad

D'oh!