Jambands.ca

Foods you can't stand

Davey Boy 2.0

Did you know Miracle Whip was the downfall of the burger chain Licks?

They switched the main ingredient of thier Guk sauce from mayo to Miracle Whip. The day I found out, I cried. I took one bite and was devastated. I went to the manager to discuss the issue. She told me the bad news.

About a year later...Closed.

I still don't understand everyone's love for sweet potato fries. Regular french fries are 10 times superior, and dipped in mayo, absolutely sublime.

Pineapple on pizza. I love pineapple and pizza separately. Together, not so much.

Same goes for maple flavouring on meats (ham, bacon, sausage etc). I love maple syrup, and meats. Just not together.

Yams, sweet potatoes, turnip, beets. No thanks.

I may have over-stated my affection for maple syrup, rather, I enjoy it on occasion. Like when having fly encrusted chicken pancakes. ;)

I can't believe no one here likes liver. You're all a bunch of weirdos.

I have no issues with eating liver (with onions of course),and enjoying it. However, I can't say it's really something that comes to mind when thinking about what I want for dinner. I usually have it while at someone else place, usually family.

My aging grandmother, who for some bizarre reason liked Miracle Whip, used to mistake jars of Marshmallow Fluff for it and buy that instead and I'd end up making Fluff and Nutters at her house when I visited. That's the only good that's ever come out of Miracle Whip in my life.

I don't like liver but I can stomach it, of all the offal, tripe is a hurdle I'll never get over. Beyond gross.

Did you know Miracle Whip was the downfall of the burger chain Licks?

They switched the main ingredient of thier Guk sauce from mayo to Miracle Whip. The day I found out, I cried. I took one bite and was devastated. I went to the manager to discuss the issue. She told me the bad news.

About a year later...Closed.

illK6U.gif

Guest Low Roller

Tripe is real nice boiled in a beef broth, smothered in spices, and topped with Parmesan cheese. Cold Polish beer to go with that, and you got yourself a ballgame.

I can't do it, I see it going down when out for pho and it just doesn't resonate well.....

beef-tripe-in-pho.jpg

I ordered sweet bread at this nice restaurant one time and a cow thyroid was placed in front of me, it wasn't so good.

It's on my list next time we're at a good restaurant and it shows up on the menu. I've heard a lot of love/hate reviews but I still want to give it a shot.