Jambands.ca

cuff the duke vs nero ??????

bONES

ok, this Thursday I was planning on driving from Peterborough to Lindsay in order to catch Nero @ The Electric Tomatoe

however, Cuff the Duke is playing the same night in Peterpatch!

what would u do????

I really enjoyed Nero with Moe. and have a great time whenever i'm at one of their shows

but, i heard CTD is pretty good [Confused]

what to do, what to see...nice to have options [big Grin]

i do want to support live music in Lindsay though as it's a rare event [Roll Eyes]

gimme some feedback folks

quote:

Originally posted by bones:

ok, this Thursday I was planning on driving from Peterborough to Lindsay in order to catch Nero @ The Electric Tomatoe

however, Cuff the Duke is playing the same night in Peterpatch!

what would u do?
???

i do want to support live music in Lindsay though as it's a rare event
[Roll Eyes]

gimme some feedback folks

nero no contest for me.

Although support for live music in Lindsay is a good cause.

Hope that didn't help. [Wink]

well guys - nero play a lot of shows and cuff the duke don't. I'd say hit CtD in lindsay and nero in kitchener. why not?

an excuse to hang out with loads of killer kids.

and btw...nero's the E and cuff's a bourbon trip.

if you go tosee the duke, say hi to matt the drummer from rob in london/from school. tell him props from me. he's tight.

quote:

Originally posted by Canned Beats:

well guys - nero play a lot of shows and cuff the duke don't. I'd say hit CtD in lindsay and nero in kitchener. why not?

an excuse to hang out with loads of killer kids.

Why I would not go.

1.Kids as you mention.

2.I cant stand CtD...

Those are two valid Esau reasons.

for the dyslexic folks... cufftheduke is in ptbo, nero is in lindsay.

good live music is definitely rare in lindsay, support it.

i live here (lindsay), ill be drinkin'n'smokin before the show (nero).

if i find e in my beer, im gonna kick yer ass... gimme some fun, gus.

i also live in kitchener, and will be going to that show. yeehaw! see yall there.

anyone wanting to catch a ride from L2K? im going friday evening, returning sat/sun.

This is like my dream thread. Seriously though they are two totally different cups of tea- the bourbon and E comparison is valid. Cuff are very much alt-country in the indy vein and nero is you know nero. They're two of my favourite bands so it's hard to say. I would however probably save the coin and hassles of travelling at all and go to your local show (that's Cuff right) and see what they're all about.

quote:

I would however probably save the coin and hassles of travelling at all and go to your local show (that's Cuff right)

the local show for me really is Nero in Lindsay

i grew up north of there and our family home and folks still live there...

QCC...my dad works @ Fleming

Peterborough, is a happenin' town [Cool] i'm really diggin' it [Cool]

and my KIND friend earthfreak lives there [Cool][Cool]

so i'm in Peterborough a lot these days

I like country!

I LOVE Ween country [big Grin]

but, i haven't been to nearly enough Nero shows

if the weather is good, you'll see me in Lindsay

thanks for the advice folks [Cool]

and the non-help esau [Wink]

I was wrestling with this one myself for a while but my decision was made easy for me -- neither! [Frown] Due to a strange over-abundance of presentations and 15 page essays. BUT if I get lucky I may slip down to Cuff The Duke for a pint later tonight. Actually the big toss up for me now is to possibly to go Cuff The Duke for a pint (tonight) or Hot Hot Heat for a pint (tomorrow). That's a tough one too.

i have brought bands to the electric tomato and they treated me like shit- we sold out there bar and they refused to to give us any free beers till after last call, they refused to let people that rode a bus leave the bar to use a bank machine and the staff acted like they were angry to serve drinks, and were mad that it was busy, many people in the crowd said it was the busiest night ever and they treated me(promoter) and the bands like shit, at a later show they grabbed the djs girlfriend and tossed her against a wall accusing her of selling drugs.

the trash has brought over the years, blue quarter, burt neilson, jomomma, nero, slammin jack, hawksley workman, amon tobin, dj vadim, d.o.a., superfriendz, joel plaskett emergency, nashville pussy, fat cats, cuff the duke, pocket dwellers, warsaw pack, the electric tomato in reality hasnt done shit compared to the trash, people may hate us but we are th eonly bar in peterborough that at least tries to bring a wide variety of music to this region.

Archived