Jambands.ca

Stones $85 Tickets

Marcust99

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, given the success by members of this board, that the thread title should be edited and "SCAM" removed.

This was one of the easiest and least stressful ticket sale promotions of recent memory.

Agreed. I jumped the gun. But it was justified given they only put the link up with the details at 9:50, and the link for the actual $85 tickets not until 10:30.

Edited by Guest

Damn that sucks DevO! While these anti-scalping measures sound nice, in practice they can be quite a pain in the ass.

We ran into this last year for Iron Maiden at the Bell Centre. No tickets were issued for GA floor, instead we had to lineup an hour before doors and present the credit card used to make the purchase. In practice this meant standing in a line that snaked for about a kilometer and missed about 15 minutes of Alice Cooper. People at the back of the line probably missed his whole set. Thanks and all but I prefer the old method.

And I was thinking how many parents bought tickets for their kids and are going to be completely screwed by this.

And I was thinking how many parents bought tickets for their kids and are going to be completely screwed by this.

That's exactly how I got to see the Stones for the first time...surprise Christmas gift from my parents! Guess that can't be done now!! This is the worst way to sell tickets. I hope it doesn't survive.

That's exactly how I got to see the Stones for the first time...surprise Christmas gift from my parents! Guess that can't be done now!! This is the worst way to sell tickets. I hope it doesn't survive.

Not to be a dick, and I DO sympathize with you, BUT, to play devils advocate, the policy for these tickets was clearly outlined on the tickets page on Rollingstones.com. As well, right beside where you select for tickets on the TM link, it says "click ? for important restrictions". AS such, TM will probably tell you you're SOL.

Yeah I don't think anyone is questioning Ticketmaster's right to enforce its policy but that the policy is short-sighted and comes with its own negative side effects that might be worse than the problem that is trying to be solved.

I'm no fan of scalpers but past experience tells me I was paying less money for better tickets, and spending less time procuring said tickets, before all these measures came into place.

they seem to have their bases coverd and legally you are kinda SOL, DevO, but i think if you called ticketmaster, explained it and asked them to change the name into your friends name, they might do it. acc are pretty good at trying to see if they can help you. will really depend on the instructions from the promoter as to what they can and cannot do, tho.

or, suck it up and go yourself. its the rolling stones. :)

i am loving the anti-scalping measures. sure, i can't buy the 85$ tix for allll my friends, but they could have bought their own easily...why? because when scalpers/bots are taken out of the equation (like they were for these tix) we all pull tix and get in. i mean, it certainly wasn't luck that we all got the tix. i kept pulling pair after pair (after i'd bought mine) and just couldn't buy them because of the limit. there is no way that would have ever happened if scalper/bots had been on it. i bet maybe 1 person here might have got tix otherwise.

i am loving the anti-scalping measures. sure, i can't buy the 85$ tix for allll my friends, but they could have bought their own easily...why? because when scalpers/bots are taken out of the equation (like they were for these tix) we all pull tix and get in. i mean, it certainly wasn't luck that we all got the tix. i kept pulling pair after pair (after i'd bought mine) and just couldn't buy them because of the limit. there is no way that would have ever happened if scalper/bots had been on it. i bet maybe 1 person here might have got tix otherwise.

honestly, the last thing i want to read is how you were able to keep pulling pair after pair when i was unable to get anything at that very same time. i have no idea why, perhaps cookies, maybe my hat wasn't on straight enough, or maybe u always had them buffered in your virtual cart, who knows.

i am loving the anti-scalping measures. sure, i can't buy the 85$ tix for allll my friends, but they could have bought their own easily...

Ok but say you're a parent and you want to buy Stones tickets for your kids that don't have credit cards. And not every adult has a credit card either and it shouldn't be a barrier to live music.

And maybe you get sick and can't go to the show and can't even give your tickets away. There are many scenarious that don't fit.

Ok but say you're a parent and you want to buy Stones tickets for your kids that don't have credit cards. And not every adult has a credit card either and it shouldn't be a barrier to live music.

you need a credit card to buy any tickets online, that's not new. prepaid credit cards are ubiquitous these days...are those not accepted? maybe they aren't, since scalpers could use them then. but if you wanted to line up or go to an outlet and pay cash, that option is still available to you for all the other ticket price points.

And maybe you get sick and can't go to the show and can't even give your tickets away.

sure you can. buy the ticket insurance that is offered when you buy the tickets.

it's not perfect. but you would rather 95% of the tickets go to scalpers because of these issues which don't even apply to you. i don't feel that way. ::shrug::

Edited by Guest

Well if you really want me to dissect a quote that is 3 and a half years old then here you go.

It's already pretty easy.

What I'm saying here is that I have no problem getting good tickets even with the existence of scalpers in 2009.

Take scalpers out of the pool of people trying to score tickets and my odds of getting good seats goes up. What's the catch?

My speculation was wrong here. I hadn't imagined what types of measures would be put it place to remove scalpers from the pool. I didn't see the "catch".

"entitled"? In fact I'm advocating for the opposite demographic.

Nice find though!

Edited by Guest

I don't have a problem with shows that do this. I don't have a credit card though (don't want one) and from my understanding the disposable CCs (which I use on occasion) aren't accepted since your name isn't on them.

But I'd still rather see this happening for a chunk of seats then see ticketmaster claim a show is sold out, and then see a secondary sale site owned by them sitting on a gross of seats for 2-4x as much, or more. That is where the bulk of seats end up in my opinion. Scalpers are definitely an issue too, but it's TMs shady practices that offend me more. At least with this system a small percentage of seats are sold at reasonable prices to actual fans.

As for insurance, not worth it in my opinion when shows sell out months in advance. Unless you find out the week you purchase it's a no go for you.

From TMs terms and conditions.

Within 10 days of purchasing the Event Ticket Protector, Allianz Global Assistance (Administrator) will process a full refund of premium to you, as long as you have not already attended your event or filed a claim. No refunds shall be paid to you after 10 days of purchasing the product, or after the published date of the ticketed event.

You should be able to cancel within 72 hours

I looked into this, and it ain't happening. Here's the response I got:

Our 72 hour refund policy is placed on certain venues that are owned by Live Nation. The ACC is not one of those venues.

We are very sorry that you are in this predicament, however those tickets are set up this way by the request of the promoter.