Jambands.ca

Cheap place to stay in NYC? Cool things to see?

spacecowboy

New Jersey [Roll Eyes]

seriously though, anytime i was in NYC with DSO we would priceline.com rooms over in Jersey for $40 a night. There are busses that run regularly into Manhattan, at about 15min. one way! As for staying in NYC...i once slept (kinda) in a nice parking garage not far from MSG [Confused]

for the msg panic run we stayed at a nice (read small, quanit but clean) hotel in midtown on 31st. it had a shared bathroom which i was a little apprehensive about but once we got there it was cleaned every 15 min and i never ran into others using the can...they also have rooms w/ bathrooms too

it cost 89 us per night. Hotel 31

quote:

Originally posted by Tooly:

i know this heady dude that lives near the corner of 34rth and park.... he will rent you a bench for a few hours for a fifth of wild turkey,,, best deal in town!

This guy? (Shown after getting 5 fifths of wild turkey...)

-

Aloha,

Brad

bro,

try the double-decker tour bus. you'll see em all over town and i think a whole manhattan trip (which will take like 6 hours) is 60 bucks. but its totally worth it. you get to get off the bus at any of the dozens of stops (times sq, ground 0, chinatown, lil italy, the village, wall st) and when you're done what you're doing you simply hop on the next bus (no charge w/transfer receipt)

buses come around every 15 mins. its a guided tour too so you'll know where u are and what you are looking at...

check this link out for more Gray Line info.

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

quote:

Originally posted by Tooly:

i know this heady dude that lives near the corner of 34rth and park.... he will rent you a bench for a few hours for a fifth of wild turkey,,, best deal in town!

This guy? (Shown after getting 5 fifths of wild turkey...)

-

Aloha,

Brad

yep,, thats him,, filthy bastard stole some shit from me last time i saw him

i stayed in jersey when i went there with some friends last april. cheap and not far from nyc. i loved upper manhattan, just walking around and i went to the museum of art and central park while i was there. it was such a nice place. you may as well check out the normal places like the empire state building, but not the statue of liberty. god that was a boring tour.

do broadway! it may be pricy, but beyond worth it. nothing like theatre with multi-million dollar budgets! i saw 42nd street and it was unreal.

have a wicked trip!

quote:

Originally posted by PalacePrincess:

i suggest taking a stroll down 42nd street (from 8th ave downwards),... the famous madame tussard's wax museum is on there, and overall it's a pretty interesting street to look at, lots of lights, very flashy.

plus there's peep shows!!!

i suggest taking a stroll down 42nd street (from 8th ave downwards), the famous madame tussard's wax museum is on there, and overall it's a pretty interesting street to look at, lots of lights, very flashy.

the museum of natural history is pretty cool too, and it is a gorgeous building, you'll get some great pictures of the outside even if you don't go in.

empire state building is kinda neat, but much better if it isn't foggy. be prepared for lines, it takes awhile to get up there. i believe the chelsea hotel is within walking distance too, if you wanna check out where sid killed nancy & all that.

also, if you're up near the bottom right half of central park, check out fao schwartz. a "rich people" toy store, but they have tons of really cool stuff in there you won't see many other places. i think it might be on fifth avenue? it's pretty much straight across from the plaza hotel, but with a hunk of central park inbetween.

and if you walk a few blocks up from fao schwartz, you can pause on the pavement in front of the dakota and remember john...

Archived