Jambands.ca

MMJ headlining Field Trip fest in TO

fluffhead77

Yeah, I noticed that this morning Jakis when I looked for a site map because I have never been to Field Trip. Pretty cool that you can actually be inside of Fort York . And that kills the 3rd stage because it would be all sound bleed. Doesn't really matter, they don't need it anyway. What a steal for $120. You would easily pay that just for the 3 main headliners (Shakes, Drugs and Misty) or more.

Too bad they aren't announcing the schedule before the tix go on sale.

How will you decide which day to buy? I suspect this will sell out, unless people are holding on to their $ to see what Bonnaroo North does.

I'm wondering because I was thinking the same thing..... According to MMJ's site their are playing both days of Field Trip at the Governor's Ball in NY, who obviously haven't released their daily lineup either.

I'm just going to wait until they release the schedule, methinks.  I could be out of the loop and not be aware of just how popular some of these bands actually are, but I don't see this selling out all that quickly.  Maybe closer to the event it would?

I went to both years of the field trip.  The first year I got VIP tickets.  What a rip off.  It was way better the following year when i bought regular tickets.  The second stage doesn't even have a VIP area.  They advertise shade and seats but I didn't find either.  Its a great festival.  I found it was hands down the best food I have had at any music festival.  Its great bang for the buck.  I went on the second day last year and bought a leftover 2 day pass wristband for next to nothing.  I'd be surprised if this show sells out anytime soon.  Last time MMJ played was at Echo Beach and the capacity is less than half of Fort York.

Looks like MMJ bought out some interesting covers at the One Big Holiday this year ilke I Can't go for That, Benny and the Jets, Mama Don't let you Babies Grow up to Be Cowboys, Happy, Wicked Game, Drive and others. 

TURF has had a rocky start with it's VIP tickets too: the areas were way off to the side during year 1, but on the second year they figured it out a bit and let VIPs go into the photo pit once the 3 song photographer limit was up. Lots of the amenities described were also non existent and we heard lots of complaining from those that had paid the extra money esp in Year 1.

From what I saw from my seat in my vendors booth was that there was about a 2-3 hour period each Saturday when having access to the empty VIP washrooms would have been great as there were HUGE lineups, but there didn't seem to be anything else to really justify the price increase.

They announced the break down between the 2 days.

SATURDAY JUNE 6
ALABAMA SHAKES
ARKELLS
THE WAR ON DRUGS
PURITY RING
DE LA SOUL
JACQUES GREENE LIVE
YOUNG EMPIRES
JACQUES GREENE LIVE
SHARON & BRAM
FROM JAMAICA TO TORONTO
APOSTLE OF HUSTLE plays Folkloric Feel