Jambands.ca

‘The Other One: The Long, Strange Trip of Bob Weir’ Doc on netflix today

Esau.

Its on both Canadian and American netflix.

https://www.relix.com/blogs/detail/watch_official_trailer_for_the_other_one_the_long_strange_trip_of_bob_weir

The Other One: The Long Strange Trip of Bob Weir will hit Netflix on May 22 and now, the official trailer has arrived. The Mike Fleiss-directed documentary traces Weir's life journey from Palo Alto, CA to rising to stardom with the Grateful Dead as a 16-year old, all with commentary from the guitarist himself along the way. 

Among those slated to appear in the film are Weir's Grateful Dead bandmates, other musical collaborators and acquaintances. In the trailer, Weir also speaks about his connection with Jerry Garcia, saying, "They say blood is thicker than water. What we had was thicker than blood." Sammy Hagar also has an interesting quote on Weir, saying, "If you don't have an ego, you can be the best number two on the planet and that's kinda what Bob became. It makes him special."

Watch the full trailer below and watch the film on May 22 on Netflix. 

Kudos Phorbesie, whether intentional or not, you momentarily trolled me. (or I trolled myself perhaps.. :lol: )

When I first saw your post I immediately took it as it was a short film. ie: Not long in length, not much to tell etc. I then prepared a rebuttal mentioning the length of a Phish doc. After I posted - I got it.  :wacko:  

Anyway, cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

That was a very well done documentary.

Focusing on he and Jerry's relationship was a good idea, but it made it feel like he had no relationship with Phil and those other guys.  I also noted that when Bobby was talking about Jer's heroin resurgence, included in one of the graphics was Brent Midland.  I expected some other reference made to other members or even other musician friends with drug issues, not just Jerry.  Then again, this doc wasn't about jerry or drugs.

I had no idea he'd tracked down his folks and is buds with his bio dad.  Was that ever big news?